Concord Grape Sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusso

Reaction score
Making this on a request from my wife. Not really a fan of sours or fruit beers myself. Anyway, Philly Sour, pretty basic grain bill with pils, wheat and a bit of acid malt. Using frozen grape juice concentrate throughout the process. We'll see how it goes...

I forgot to mention I also added 8 oz of corn sugar.

Last edited:
Whoops, not actually a recipe, should have posted elsewhere.

My OG was 1.060. This morning it was at 1.015 (and still chugging along), I just added my second can of concentrate (first addition was FO). I will add one more can (possibly 2) at kegging. After a slow start and the usual lag, this fermentation has been strong since.

Last edited:
Kegged it up recently. I'm not a huge sour fan but I kinda like it. My wife loves it (I brewed it for her). The concord grape is present but not over the top. Nice and refreshing even at 7% abv.

My OG was 1.060. This morning it was at 1.015 (and still chugging along), I just added my second can of concentrate (first addition was FO). I will add one more can (possibly 2) at kegging. After a slow start and the usual lag, this fermentation has been strong since.
Btw, it finished at 1.005, I then cold crashed and added 2 cans of concentrate. Forced carbed and served after 2-3 days. Nice level of sour with just enough grapiness!

Back