Concord block burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joewalla88

Reaction score
Does anyone use one of these? It looks like it might be a decent budget burner, but wondered what you all thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815_121533_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_121533_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 0
Comparing it to the GasOne I got for about $20 more on prime day, the burner itself seems identical but the frame is 12.5 inches square instead of 15.75 and also 6.5 inches tall instead of 12.5. So I guess it depends on how big your kettle is and how much you like to bend over. But that sucker shouldn't have any trouble boiling 8 or 9 gallons.

Comparing it to the GasOne I got for about $20 more on prime day, the burner itself seems identical but the frame is 12.5 inches square instead of 15.75 and also 6.5 inches tall instead of 12.5. So I guess it depends on how big your kettle is and how much you like to bend over. But that sucker shouldn't have any trouble boiling 8 or 9 gallons.
I kinda like how compact it is.

I just brewed for the first time with one of these - only issue is that you'll need a wind blocker. Also, it gets pretty hot below the burner - there's not a lot of clearance between the burner and whatever it's sitting on, so make sure there's something heat proof below it. Mine was sitting on a 3/8" thick tile with a silicone sheet underneath, and the table it was on still got pretty hot. Otherwise, it worked like a charm.

I just brewed for the first time with one of these - only issue is that you'll need a wind blocker. Also, it gets pretty hot below the burner - there's not a lot of clearance between the burner and whatever it's sitting on, so make sure there's something heat proof below it. Mine was sitting on a 3/8" thick tile with a silicone sheet underneath, and the table it was on still got pretty hot. Otherwise, it worked like a charm.
Yeah! I've brewed twice with it now and worked great. It did leave a char mark on my cement garage floor. I don't care about that though. Decent product though.

Back