Flow Control Faucets and a Draft Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will319

Reaction score
I just got some flow control faucets and am mounting them to draft towers. I am having problems getting the valves to turn after mounting the faucets. Has anyone else had this problem on here.

I've noticed that the flow control lever has less travel when mounted than when it's just loose. That being said, there is enough travel to effectively control the flow. Maybe try mounting the faucet with the flow control lever in a few different positions to see what works best?

I just got these mounted. I had to start with the lever in the down or 6 O'Clock Position. This is if you are looking at the lever 90 degrees to the right. As you tighten the shank collar around the faucet the lever seems to find the 7 O'clock position and when its installed travels between 7 and 11. When positioned at 7 it is almost closed or down to a trickle and at 11 it is full blast. I hope this helps everyone. Remember when installing faucets go slowly to make sure they seat properly as you tighten, and use a faucet wrench. I think this is really important with the flow controls because the resistor ball protrudes out into the shank. If you leave it out and start to tighten I bet you ould end up with a mess and a bound up perlick. Overall I am happy with them and will do a full write up when I finish my kegerator. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cold-bottom-kegerator-410894/

Back