Plastic tub white stain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kontrol

Reaction score
My plastic tube I use with my auto siphon has white stain inside. Like it was soap. I washed it again, then put it in water with oxyclean and rinse. And the white stain are here again.

Is there a good way to remove it or is it permanent? And should I get a new tube ( I used it like 4... times...) or I shouldn't worry about my beer?

Was the tube exposed to StarSan for any length of time? I left mine in my bucket of StarSan that I was intending to re-use and it turned a milky white.

If that's the cause of the discoloration you're seeing, I've read on this forum that the white may clear over time, but even if it doesn't, not to worry. It won't create any problems.

Cheers!

Yup, mine has the same milky white stain inside. No issues so far, as mentioned it's probably star san

Forgot I asked this question!

It may have been in star san for a certain period of time. But it was in oxyclean for few days. The white seems to be removable by scratching very lightly, like it's soap, but I did rinse it a lot and it never removed or anything.

kontrol said:
Forgot I asked this question!

It may have been in star san for a certain period of time. But it was in oxyclean for few days. The white seems to be removable by scratching very lightly, like it's soap, but I did rinse it a lot and it never removed or anything.

Be careful scratching the tube. This can create germination points for bacteria growth as it is difficult to clean/sanitize.

Latest posts

Back