Wine Chiller Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopperfirestarter

Reaction score
I recently acquired this wine chiller. After reading post on here I messed around with the little hidden screw and got the air temperature down to 46 and the beer is cold enough for me. I want to go ahead and install a 2 tap tower. This is an older model but I was able to find some prints. Based on these would it be ok to drill on the top? Thanks!

winechiller1.jpg

winechiller2.jpg

winechiller3.jpg

winechiller4.jpg

Bracket #3 is the only thing i see in the way...it may contain the wiring/sensor bulb for the thermostat. I do not see any refrigerant lines concealed in the top. Just do it slowly in order not to cut the thermostat parts.

invest in SS shanks and faucets from the get go at the very least. They will last forever and u can swap them out if u build another when this unit goes. Hopefully it won't be soon but if/when it does or if u decide to go bigger with say a Keezer, u'll already have some of the hardware.

For the tower itself i've seen insulated ones, or people like to take their own and add cooling lines in there as well to keep that first pint cold. Its not always the case but sometimes its warmer at the top in the tower as opposed to down in the unit itself.

And u may already know this but go with 10' worth of 3/8" ID liquid lines to keep foaming to a minimum. ur not gonna be getting into the 30's with this unit so foaming might be more of an issue.

Back