Last night went from really cool to really weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
At some point last night went from cool to weird. It started with the plan to go to a bar, watch the Syracuse vs Michigan game & then see my friend's band play after.

By the time the babysitter arrived, I was really looking forward to the evening. No more arguing 7 & 10 year olds to deal with and i could forget about my housemate's über manipulative ex-wife that had been texting me all day.

Fast forward... I'm at the bar watching the last 5 minutes of the game when another friend walks up to me, slaps a $50 in my hand and asks me to make her a hard cider for her birthday in October.

Awesome night.

The game gets over and my friend's band starts warming up. And then these ladies in spandex and capes show up. Well, except Wonder Woman didn't have spandex or a cape.

Ok, super hero night? Maybe.

A bunch of dudes in light-up plastic Viking helmets walk in the door.

Um.. Ok.

A couple luchadoras show up.

Seriously. Luchadoras.

I didn't realize I was crashing a super hero - Viking - luchador bar.

Friend's band is playing, beer is flowing, packed house -> good times.

Four songs into the first set, I **** you not, a dude in Superman underoos walks across the room.

I turn to my wife and housemate and ask, "Do you think they carded Superman at the door? And if so, where is he keeping it?"

My wife answers, "Wonder Woman is holding it for him."

You know, there are times I regret moving out of downtown and times I don't.

Tonight I experienced both.

From the title, I thought this was going to be a story about drunken bisexuality.

Then I started reading and thought you had sex with your friends ex-wife, without him.

Totally never saw the super hero luchadoras Viking angle coming.

Im sure she was merely compensating him for the cost of the raw materials, NOT paying him for the service of brewing her an alcoholic beverage. ;)

With that said... is that sort of thing considered weird in Utah? I must be jaded, living in New York as long as I have.

Im sure she was merely compensating him for the cost of the raw materials, NOT paying him for the service of brewing her an alcoholic beverage. ;)

With that said... is that sort of thing considered weird in Utah? I must be jaded, living in New York as long as I have.

Even so, it's illegal.

I'm sure she was just buying him a few drinks. Had nothing to do with homebrewing cider. That was a separate conversation entirely!

Wait... You're implying there's a place where that is NOT considered weird?

I re-read the statute. When I said "friend", I really meant "cousin-in-law". And while the statute clearly defines what a household is, it also talks about brewing for family members and family is never defined in the statute. However, I'd be limited to transporting it 3 liters at a time.

It's not my fault that being descended from the original pioneers makes me related by blood or by marriage to 25% of the state. But family is family.

Re-reading the statute also got me thinking about 5 years ago when homebrewering was illegal. The actual act that was illegal was the pitching of yeast because that is the "manufacturing process" of creating an alcoholic beverage on one's premesis.

There would be nothing illegal under the statute in me making a flavored apple juice at my place and driving it across town to her place. If she were to pitch some yeast into the flavored apple juice, then it becomes an alcoholic beverage manufactured on her premesis for her personal consumption.

ZOMBIE THREAD LIVES!!!!

I finally found out what was going on this night. It's called "The superhero pub crawl." One of my wife's friends/clients invited us to join them this weekend.

We had other obligations. But it made me wish I had a Tick costume. I could sooo pull off the Tick

image.jpg

with that being said and you using The Tick, you live in Utah. expect awkward & strange crap. that's what happens when you make everything a sin.

Of all the things someone with dubious intentions can do to me, applying strawberries to me would be a huge relief. I'd be weirded out, sure, but relieved all the same.

but really, it's the "creamy righteousness" they want to pour over my freshly picked strawberries of digital evil. CreamyGoodness, tell your cousin that I'm a happily married man and I'm not into that.

You missed the point....they are strawberries of digital EVIL!!...
Wait.

So are the strawberries digital?

See, this is what is so brilliant about The Tick. He's confusing on so many levels.

My two favorite Tickisms are:

"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

"There are many mysteries in this universe, big and small. Like, why do clowns make us laugh, why do we love puppy dogs, and why, why do little blue midgets hit me with fish?"

This Halloween, I think I'm buying the blue skin suit costume and blue antenna and going as The Tick.

"This is ridiculous, youre "therapy" is just you dressing Taft up in a bunch of costumes and making him wrestle me!"

"Wow, Urchin, you're really cool down here..."
"I am the apotheosis of cool down here"
"Did he just say apotheosis?!"

Back