Cloning Attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrugalEndeavorsFarm

Reaction score
I figured I would give aeroponics cloning a try. 20 cuttings of Cascade, Perle, and Saaz underway. If anyone is interested I will update the progress.... if any.

image-4262249831.jpg

Mix potting soil with sand. 50/50 mix.

With in a week they will have roots. Don't over water them or mold/fungus will kill them.

Within a month. You will need to transplant to bigger pots due to root growth.

Edit. Will be interested in seeing what happens when growing them in aeroponics after they root. Or are you planting them in soil?

I am trying to get plants started using aeroponics and then transplant them into pots or directly into my hop yard expansion area. I am cautiously optimistic.

This time of year, you will do fine. If not.
Then try root hormone and no tips. (Just two leaves).

There's another thread on this subject. Mine went from eight plants to twenty. Would of been more but I over watered.

those look awesome. do you think you'll plant them outside this year and if so will the roots develop enough to survive the winter? I've got a similar project going and wondering what direction to go with it.

I have not yet settled on a plan of attack so to speak. I am leaning toward larger containers for this season and a full time home for them in 2014. Suggestions and thoughts are always welcomed!

I got some saaz clones from a guy last year. All the ones I planted in the ground did great. Pots not so much. You can transplant at about a month. Keep them well watered for a month, and out of too much direct sun light. That worked for me.

Back