Turdrunken Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcw5028

Reaction score
Ok, I just finished reading "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing" and I saw the recipe for "Cock Ale." Naturally at first I laughed at the title and thought of making some just to make fun of my friends when they put my cock (ale) in their mouth. Then I considered the logistics of brewing it. I know this is a probably a very weird/bad idea but what if I did that but used chicken, turkey and duck... hence Turdrunken. My basic idea is to either use a modern version of Cock Ale that I found our pick a beer that pairs well with poultry. Then boil the chicken, turkey and duck, remove all the fat and stuff I don't want, cut it up, bag it and toss it in the fermenter. Obviously I would only do a small batch, probably just a gallon.

Could this work if I was careful about it?

Yeah I saw that one but my plan is to avoid extract and not use KFC chicken haha.

Despite the nay saying I brewed this anyway. It actually doesn't taste bad, it's not really good but it exceeded my very low expectations.

Back