• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Complete 10 Gallon Home Brewery Setup - $9500

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcskierfreak

Reaction score
After much deliberation, I'm stepping back from homebrewing for a bit.

Up for sale is my complete homebrewing setup. Perfect for 10 gallon batch sizes, can also accommodate 5 gallon batches without any issue. This is a complete brewing setup, in that you will just need all of the equipment and parts from me, install them in your location, and then fire it up.

Brewhouse
- (3) 20 gallon kettles from Spike Brewing with cam-lock fittings on Hot Liquor Tank and Mash Tun, and tri-clamp fittings on Brew Kettle
- Tubing for transferring water, wort as needed
- Counterflow chiller
- Water and Wort pumps with necessary fittings
- Control Panel to help with automating brewing and cleaning processes
- False Walls for permanently setting up your brew area without impacting the floor, walls, or ceiling
- Ventilation Hood and Fan to move steam and hot air outside
- Stainless steel table for kettles
- Utility sink with faucet and sprayer attachment, most plumbing to attach to your existing water/sewer lines.
- Spa Panel for electrical source, wiring to attach to your main breaker panel, all wiring and receptacles needed to run Brewhouse and Cellar

Cellar/Fermentation setup
- (3) Spike CF10 Conical Fermenters (14.7gallon total volume), with fermentation temperature control ability (both heating and cooling)
- Homemade glycol chiller with tubing and pumps
- Tubing to transfer finished beer as needed
- (3) temperature controllers for conicals/chillers [you may want to source one additional controller to ferment all 3 at once, otherwise one will be dormant/aging while the other two are actively fermenting]
- Carbon Dioxide monitor (so that you don't gas yourself out when you're making beer)
- 5 gallon used whiskey barrel for barrel aging (never used! been storing with water to keep the staves hydrated)
- Fermentation Stand for Conicals, with enough space for the chiller to fit underneath

Cost also includes all of my taproom items. This is not a complete setup, in that there's a few things you'll need to address before you can serve. Mainly, the keg fridge.

Taproom:
- Keg fridge (converted chest freezer) with 4 taps and 6 CO2 outlets (5 regulators to fine-tune your serving pressure!) [compressor does not work, but selling as a unit since you can determine the best repair/replacement options for yourself. This is factored into cost]
- (10) 5 gallon ball lock kegs
- Tubing for both beer and gas
- Fittings for everything above
- Tools and spare parts galore

Have a decent amount of grains, hops, brew water additions, fermentation additions, an extra small kettle and extra small fermenters as well. These are all included in sale, at a much lower cost basis than the rest of the items. Just need them gone.

To set this up, YOU WILL NEED: a basic understanding of plumbing and construction, a proficient understanding of electrical work, and a small assortment of tools and plumbing and electrical parts depending on your current plumbing/wiring setup. While I am including everything that I was using for this setup, I cannot truthfully say that you will not be going to the hardware store before this is an operational brewery.

Some Photos (will be adding more throughout the next few days):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-rGgkqjLk5pQ7Zrl2KkpEEIXhtpKTEzY

Cost basis ends up at 65% of what I have originally put into it. Some of the items weighted more heavily, others discounted greater. Would prefer to sell as a whole, but may be willing to sell some of the parts individually (particularly the extra parts). Contact me for a complete list of all parts, or for photos of any particular item (apologies that I don't have more already!).

Thanks for the response! I've got it set up with a BCS 462 for automation, backed by a raspberry pi to run the display and to act as a wireless bridge to the BCS unit. Had grand plans to automate with the RPi eventually, but that never panned out.

I will likely group things by the end of the week and part things out, taking the headache up-front to get rid of it a bit quicker I suppose.

Not sure what the accepted process would be to switch fields like that: new listing for each part-out grouping, or just updating this one? Any suggestions or guidance from moderators/senior members would be welcome!

Thanks for the response! I've got it set up with a BCS 462 for automation, backed by a raspberry pi to run the display and to act as a wireless bridge to the BCS unit. Had grand plans to automate with the RPi eventually, but that never panned out.

I will likely group things by the end of the week and part things out, taking the headache up-front to get rid of it a bit quicker I suppose.

Not sure what the accepted process would be to switch fields like that: new listing for each part-out grouping, or just updating this one? Any suggestions or guidance from moderators/senior members would be welcome!
Just edit the post with prices next to each item or set of items

Where in MN are you?

Did you make the hood yourself?

I am in the Twin Cities area. I did make the hood myself, out of .019" sheet. Each sheet was 2x3', so I was able to bend the bottom edges around in a 1" collar like a condensate hood. Ended being about $300 for the entire ventilation costs (hood, fan, ducting, hardware, etc) , as opposed to buying a pre-made hood that runs upwards of $500 by itself. I did not install a fitting in a corner for drainage, but have found that even with extended boils there is not much moisture accumulation. Running the fan for 30min+ post brew clears all the residual moisture, at any rate. I also used 3M metal tape on all of the seams and sheet metal screw holes, which likely made the difference between a hack-job and a functioning low-cost alternative.

Thanks for the questions guys!

Just edit the post with prices next to each item or set of items

Thanks for the response, will do!!

Thanks everyone for the interest! I have a few things on my plate right now. Pushing back the part-out process a bit, will have things sorted out by the end of next week. PMs sent/responded to. Sorry to all for the delays on responses!

Dragging this back up to the top of the pile. Can't seem to find any edit options for the original post, so here's the breakdown:

Brewhouse - $5500 (less than 80% of original cost):
- (3) 20 gallon kettles from Spike Brewing with cam-lock fittings on Hot Liquor Tank and Mash Tun, and tri-clamp fittings on Brew Kettle
- Tubing for transferring water, wort as needed
- Counterflow chiller
- Water and Wort pumps with all necessary fittings
- Control Panel to help with automating brewing and cleaning processes
- Ventilation Hood and Fan to move steam and hot air outside
- Stainless steel table for kettles
- Rubber Matting to protect your floor underneath the table and sink
- Utility sink with faucet and sprayer attachment, most plumbing to attach to your existing water/sewer lines.
- Spa Panel for electrical source, wiring to attach to your main breaker panel, all wiring and receptacles needed to run Brewhouse and Cellar
- pH and gravity measurement tools
- Full yeast propagation setup: flasks, 2 stir plates, yeast nutrient, additional mason jars to store harvested yeast
- Full complement of brewing salts/kettle additions

Cellar/Fermentation setup - $3500 (approx 80% of original cost):
- (3) Spike CF10 Conical Fermenters (14.7gallon total volume), with fermentation temperature control ability (both heating and cooling)
- CO2 harvesting/blowoff assembly, to avoid sanitizer suckback when cold-crashing
- Homemade glycol chiller with tubing and pumps
- Tubing to transfer finished beer as needed
- (3) Inkbird temperature controllers for conicals/chillers [you may want to source one additional controller to ferment all 3 at once, otherwise one will be dormant/aging while the other two are actively fermenting]
- Carbon Dioxide monitor (so that you don't gas yourself out when you're making beer)
- 5 gallon used whiskey barrel for barrel aging (never used! been storing with water to keep the staves hydrated)
- Fermentation Stand for Conicals, with enough space for the chiller to fit underneath
- Additional fermenter fittings, including a CIP ball, carbonation stone, gas manifold for pressurized transfers...

Taproom - $1200 (less than 75% of original cost):
- Most materials needed to convert a keg fridge (as pictured but chest freezer no longer included): 4 Perlick taps and 6 CO2 outlets (5 regulators to fine-tune your serving pressure!)
- (10) 5 gallon ball lock kegs
- Tubing for both beer and gas
- Growler attachment for taps
- 2 picnic taps, single gas regulator for off-site serving
- 5lb and 10lb CO2 cylinders
- Last Straw Bottle Filler, bottle capper, extra caps, bottle drying rack - everything you'd need for bottling as well as kegging!
- Fittings for everything above
- Tools and spare parts galore

Additional items - $1100 total (less than 75% of original cost), willing to sub-divide this group as well (because I can't really see anyone wanting all of these items together...)
- Most parts to create a fermentation control panel, and create bulkhead connections for glycol chiller
- Full complement of grains, hops, and other niceties
- Barley Crusher mill
- 5 gallon all grain setup: 5 gallon Igloo Cooler Mash Tun, 6 gallon bottling bucket, 8 gallon brew kettle.
- 1 gallon kettle, primary, and secondary fermenters (great to make pilot batches or to get your friends interested in brewing :)
- Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting too.

Let me know what you're interested in!

Back