coopers australian lager sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tohip4tv

Reaction score
Nearly finished primary fermentation about to rack into bottles, has a slight sour taste, any ideas? Infected?

Right will send one in the morning, taste isn't too bad mire of an after taste really. Might not bin it as it is such a waste. Pic to follow 2mo

sounds tasty to me.. pair with some sourdough or a sweet desert to offset?

So its a little less sour so went ahead and bottled in the hopes this will go away with bottle conditioning
ForumRunner_20130413_132020.png

that doesnt look infected. Give it some time, its still green beer. i cant remember from reading, but is the coopers lager and actual lager or is it fermented with ale yeast?

Cheers man actually tasting okish today. Will update in two weeks if strange taste persists

Was impatient and opened a bottle on Wednesday and there was no carbonation despite having put 2 carb drops per 500ml bottle. Please fellow beer gurus shine your wisdom here.

Was impatient and opened a bottle on Wednesday and there was no carbonation despite having put 2 carb drops per 500ml bottle. Please fellow beer gurus shine your wisdom here.

You answered your own question. You were impatient. There is no uneversal rule on when your beer will be carved up. A good timeline to go by is 3 weeks on any average gravity ale. 5 days isn't long enough. Leave them be for a couple more weeks

Cheer Matt I know too hasty, I guess what I'm looking for is carbonation only and rough timescales on carbonation. I kinda assumed 3 weeks for flavours to marry etc.

Ok so update, opened one on Sun, sour taste is almost gone, but not much carbonation though. Any ideas?

Update: Time is the key they are lovely and carbonated now, the odd one comes out flat but most seem carved up thanks guys will be more patient for my bottled cider

Yeah I used PET bottles, nice cause you can give em a squeeze to tell co2 being produced. I hear what ur saying tintest gap will result in a leak. Thanks again

Back