Bottling in stainless water bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyBrewer

Reaction score
I freely admit to being one of those guys that likes to sit my fat ass on the beach and guzzle a few refreshing corporate swills. Before the lynch mob starts gathering pitchforks, I'd much rather consume my own flavorful homebrew. But pulling that bottle out of the cooler and pouring a cold one on the beach is very much frowned upon. Not sure why I can pull our a can of ice cold Yuengling drop it into a kuzy and no-one so much as raises and eyebrow, but pop a bottle cap and everyone starts pointing and shooting death rays from they're eyes.

So, I've been considering bottling some of my session ales in stainless steel water bottles... Seems like they'd be easy to pop in a cooler and no issues with glass. It looks like I can get a reasonable deal here:

https://www.silkletter.com/drinkware/sports-water-bottles/stainless-steel/17-oz-promotional-stainless-water-bottle.html
and - I think it would be cool to put a bad-ass logo on the front to.

I'm just concerned that the caps will hold pressure... Not that it would be a huge deal to pour them off the tap before heading out, but would be much more convenient to just bottle a bunch the week before heading down. Ayone try this before? Know of a better deal? Any tricks to pass on?

I bottle mine in PET plastic bottles for those venues that don't like glass (like some race tracks). I bought some 16oz bottles from Mr Beer, but you could also buy some A&W root beer in brown PET, dump that junk and use the bottles.

I take kegged brew all kinds of places in stainless water bottles. Make sure you don't have "sippy" lids but just straight thread on caps with beefy threads and easily replaced gaskets.

Good to go.

Cheers.

Dunno about bottling and carbing in them but I think it would work fine.

BSD

I bought about 12x 750ml SS waterbottles here in Canada for 3$ each at the dollar store. They hold pressure, seal and work very well. I especially like them due to the wide lids allowing me to just toss in dishwasher to clean.

The only caveat with them is they tend to spray when you open them.

Back