What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,got a free battery under warranty replacement. So that's $105 + tax in my pocket. We got some weeding done in the front gardens.

Going to see which beer I brewed won the Right Brain homebrew contest in Traverse City (I have to assume I won since my beer is always awesome). But seriously, looking forward to a nice trip up north where breweries and wineries abound and everyone is a hipster.

Going to pull the fly rod out for the first time since last fall and head out on a two day trip. Haven't figured out where yet, but still have a couple of days to make the plans.

Heading to downtown Petaluma for American Graffiti. Classic cars, gasoline, and beer. Can you say 'Murica?

Dry hopping my Habanero IIPA... Ran out of bottles bottling my cider, so I'll probably be on bottle cleaning duty today.

Today is my wife's birthday. She loves pasta and requested homemade spaghetti for dinner. I just finished milling the wheat and am going to get started on the sauce when my arm gets some feeling back and I finish this Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale.

And she invited her folks so I get to mill more wheat.

yesterday we hit neighborhood yard sales, did garden crap, played super mario brothers on wii u with the kids, today i am dropping one daughter off for paintball, then going for a long trail run with dog and wife and picking up free range eggs from our dealer.

picking up free range eggs from our dealer.

I love fresh eggs. Our daily production should go up now that the Rhode Island Reds are about to start laying. We have 2 Golden Comets and 3 Rhode Island Reds. Before a hawk ate the 3rd GC, we were getting 2-3 eggs every day...worked good for a 3-person family but the extra from the Reds will be nice. And the chickens just love brew days...they get the spent grains. It's been specialty grains in extract batches so far, but AG brewing will commence soon. They're going to love that.

Working on my brew room/fermentation chamber, Re-moved a sliding glass door, built a wall and a door with insulation in its place, and installed a 8000 btu A/C unit to keep it at 60 deg this summer when it 120+ out.

No more frozen bottles in the swamp cooler to deal with Whoo Hooo !

Cheers :mug:

Wife graduates from nursing school today, her family and friends are in town all weekend, might get to brew next weekend if I don't pull overtime.

Wife graduates from nursing school today, her family and friends are in town all weekend, might get to brew next weekend if I don't pull overtime.

Congratulations to you wife! My wife graduated with her RN/BSN in 1996 and has really enjoyed her career choice. I'm an RT (Radiologic Technologist) and sometimes wish I had gone the RN route too, there are lots of directions you can go in nursing.

I did a quick run, went to the new Star Trek movie, and re-arranged my pedalboard.

Tomorrow, I start the work week anew, and hopefully, I'll show the necessary [male anatomy] fortitude to ask for more money to do my job.

I went to Chicago for a Bachelor party. Saw the Dan Band at the House of Blues, saw my first game at Wrigley, saw our Indian limo driver shout profanities at the guy who he damn near ran over in a crosswalk and tried Matilda from Goose Island, Two Hearted by Bell's, Centennial IPA and Rye PA by Founders, Anti-hero IPA by Revolution and Red Nectar by Nectar Ales. It was a fun weekend!

Went up to St Louis and did the brewery tour at AB for the first time. Not even discussing the beer, but man that is a cool place.

I'm assuming you mean for a guitar rig? Lets see some pics of that bad boy!

Yeah, it's not really all that elaborate, but it tends to take a few hours to get it right. Years of Tetris pay off, trust me.

Anyway, it's not the best way to spend time best suited to brewing, but there was the tail end of a nasty storm, and everyone was in the house.

Fixing an antique engine and mowing the grass, thinking about the grain waiting to be brewed. Blech.

But looking forward to a bulk pickup for major brewing this summer.

Took my bus to the VW show.

image-1536831526.jpg

Yeah, it's not really all that elaborate, but it tends to take a few hours to get it right. Years of Tetris pay off, trust me.

Anyway, it's not the best way to spend time best suited to brewing, but there was the tail end of a nasty storm, and everyone was in the house.

That's some nice gear man! I've always been interested in the Moog stuff! Nothing wrong with spending some time creating some awesome music to go along with your brews! I ought to break out my rig and jam too. I really haven't cranked it up since the band broke up a few years ago. I bang on my acoustic pretty regularly, but sometimes I really need to let out some aggression on the Randall!

Lets see, had a brew planned but instead ended up sleeping in on Friday, running some errands, drinking with friends, then on Sat cleaning out my car, helping a friends stepfather work on a stubborn fuel pump and went on a date. Yesterday, there was work. I need a nap.

Completely gutted a den (12'x16'). New drywall, mud and taped, floor resanded, and new closet. This weekend i doubled checked eveything and i'm priming and painting. Aint it fun!!!

Completely gutted a den (12'x16'). New drywall, mud and taped, floor resanded, and new closet. This weekend i doubled checked eveything and i'm priming and painting. It ain't fun!!!

Fixed that for ya. If I never have to hang another piece of sheetrock as long as I live, thats ok with me.

Fixed that for ya. If I never have to hang another piece of sheetrock as long as I live, thats ok with me.

Hang and finish. Both are horrible times. On the plus side, a sheet of sheetrock is now 1/3 the weight it used to be. I wouldn't say it is fun yet, but it is much easier. I still am happy to utilize some additional assistance from potentially less than fully documented sources anytime I need it done.

tyzippers said:
That's some nice gear man! I've always been interested in the Moog stuff! Nothing wrong with spending some time creating some awesome music to go along with your brews! I ought to break out my rig and jam too. I really haven't cranked it up since the band broke up a few years ago. I bang on my acoustic pretty regularly, but sometimes I really need to let out some aggression on the Randall!

Beer and music - two great things that go great together!

Prepping my car to sell. I just don't drive it enough to justify keeping my dream car. I detailed the outside already. Need to detail the interior and take a bunch more pics.

100_0208.jpg

Prepping my car to sell. I just don't drive it enough to justify keeping my dream car. I detailed the outside already. Need to detail the interior and take a bunch more pics.

Waitaminute... that thar pickiture says 2007. I may not be the smrtest person here, but even I know it is not 2007 yet.

That shed looks pretty nice to me.

Sweet car!

And good luck on the 100 miles. I don't even like to drive 100 miles let alone run it!

As for me, I'm having a grill out/party at my house on Friday. Then I'll be going to the Taste of Cincinnati on Saturday or Sunday and relaxing from all the stuff I've had to do to get ready for the party.

I'll probably be volunteering to help with the Moore, OK tornado relief. The major damage is 10 miles from my house. And it was less than a quarter mile from my LHBD...they have no power, water or access to the road now. But they are still there! Heart's breaking for those guys up there, but the support has been overwhelming. It restores my faith in mankind.

northcal said:
Built a small brew shed with my bro. Nothing fancy or large, but good enough for me.

My wife would be thrilled with a place like that! It would keep my "beer stuff" outta the house/kitchen!!

Back