Stc-1000 help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
So I've wired it as I've seen many of people do on here. It won't drop below 44F which is where the old temp reg would stop. I took the old reg out and got no compressor at all, plugged it back in and turned the it off and still the stc would not run the comp. I still have the old one in there and wired, should I leave it or what? Should I wire the stc-1000 straight to the fridge? I have no experience with these so I'm lost. Thanks.

Did you remove the old temp adjust or bypass it...you only need to bypass it to get it out of the loop. Sounds like you removed it.

So just wire the 2 together and leave the ground? Like I said no prior experience doing any of these things

Should be a couple of wires on the old one. Remove them from the switch and clip together and see if that works. Remember, the STC won't turn on for three min. If it turns on after three min, then connect those two wires in a more permanant manner. Should be good to go after that. Pictures of what you have would help.

Have the stc wired like most, left plug is heat right is cool.

That's what I figured but didn't want to burn out the fridge or something. So black to blue and leave the ground. Thanks.

image-3086990134.jpg

image-3766580921.jpg

She's working beautifully now. Gonna give her a maiden voyage on a cider I have to see how we'll she runs. Thank you sir

Back