fruit for wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
I'm making wine on a budget, which mostly amounts to $25 in concentrate and sugar. Every now and then someone with overgrown blueberries or grapes in their yard will let me come pick 'em clean.

I had thought to put up a thing on craigslist. But I'm pretty sure I can't just offer wine for fruit legally. And I don't know who would respond to "hey, let me pick your fruit. Pretty please?"

Thoughts on how to word such a thing?

A lot of elderly folks aren't able to get out & pick their fruit & are happy to let some younger person/people pick their fruit for them for either a fair share, or sometimes just let you have it so it won't go to waste. You might offer to pick fruit for a share of what you pick, sounds like a reasonable arrangement to me. Sometimes people just don't want to deal with picking fruit, elderly or not & would be happy to let you come take care of their "problem" at no cost to them.
Regards, GF.

Back