Coffee source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinstriplin

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm setting up a cold brew tap on my kegorator. I want to make 5 gallons of cold brew at a time and I plan on using a ratio of about 1 gal water to 1 lb coffee. I'll be using a quite a bit of coffee. My wife and I go through it quick.

Where do you go to buy coffee? I'm looking to keep costs down by buying bulk. Most of the stuff I'm seeing is about $10 a lb. Is this in the ballpark of what most people pay?

Yeah we pay $9-13/lb for local roasts that we cold brew with. I make 2.5 gal keg batches with 3 lbs coffee to 3 gallons water, with a 48hr cold soak. Makes for a strong cold brew.

Could roast your own too if you really want to keep costs down...
I tend to find that way you learn even more about the bean that way...
Sweet Maria's is a great resource to buy beans online and learn about roasting, but there are plenty of other good places out there to buy green beans...

I was looking into roasting my own. I couldn’t find a cost effective way to do 5-7 lbs at a time.

I would love to roast my own though. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back