Co2 Pressure Drops to zero

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbritt

Reaction score
Why would Co2 pressure drop to zero over time once set on the regulator? Seems like if there was leak if would continue to have pressure it would just be leaking at the same time. For the first few kegs that I carbonated I did not have this problem. The only difference is that recently I did add check valves since a small amount of beer was coming back through the lines. Is this likely a faulty regulator? I bought the regulator second hand and would not be surprised if it was the issue, I just want to make sure it is before I spend money on a new one.

You had beer going back through the gas lines?? IMO, that means the keg was filled too high.

Are you talking about the low pressure gauge, or the high pressure gauge on the regulator? Make sure the tank valve is open (it's marked which way to turn the knob). I usually open it between 1/4 and 1/2 a turn. Don't need to do any more than that IME.

Back