CO2 in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesita

Reaction score
Howdy, folks. Relatively new to kegging, and I can't think of why I would ever want to go back to bottling (at least not for the styles I like to brew). Only problem is I've had a time trying to find a place to reliably refill my 5lb tank, or my 20oz tanks.

The paintball places I've been to seem to fill carelessly, or at the very least on the "glass is half empty" side, as a fill from them is barely enough to carb 2 gallons at 2.4 volumes. The sporting goods stores seem to fill better, but the refill station is either broken half the times, or the one person who knows how to use it is never there, or too busy posting selfies on Instagram. I'm in the Plantation area, and am down in Miami for work all the time... Help!! Bottling another batch sounds like going back to slicing my own bread again!

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I dont have an answer for you on the CO2. But as another Fort Lauderdale resident who just got into homebrewing, are there any local home brew shops in this area you prefer?

Do a search in your area for a Fire Extinguisher equipment supplier. The one I found in my local area fills my tanks while I wait. They can also perform a hydro-static test and re-certify your tanks when required.

I dont have an answer for you on the CO2. But as another Fort Lauderdale resident who just got into homebrewing, are there any local home brew shops in this area you prefer?

I like going to the Yellow Green Farmer's Market in Hollywood. There is a small homebrew shop there called Hollywood Homebrew www.hollywoodhomebrew.com that has a good selection, reasonable prices, a good stock of beers, and Mae is very knowledgeable and loves to chat and help. If she doesn't have what you're looking for, she can get it, or suggest a good substitute. Never steered me wrong!

There's a couple of new places I haven't tried in the Ft. Lauderdale area I haven't tried. I also think Funky Buddha actually has an attached shop as well

Good luck!

Back