Good turkey burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew2

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good turkey burner. I really don't have place out side but open kitchen that I can use it in. What is good one to get?

If you're talking about a turkey fryer, which is a propane burner, you cannot use those inside.

You don't need much outside area to boil a batch. Do you live in an apartment complex?

You want as high of wattage of a hot plate as you can afford and ideally a sheet of aluminum or copper on top for even heat distribution. Otherwise you want to brew outside. Propane burning inside = carbon monoxide poisoning!

I just don't have anywhere coverd to brew outside. Not sure if that really makes a differents.

You don't need a covered place to brew. Just make sure no leaves fall into the batch or it will totally mess up your IBU'S.

You don't need a covered place to brew. Just make sure no leaves fall into the batch or it will totally mess up your IBU'S.

too funny!! I've brewed outside during a light drizzle and had no issues.... it's only once every thing get's below the magical pasteurization temp 160*F then you don't want anything wondering in your wort. with the chiller in usually at after about 10 min after the cooling begins I cover with foil so nothing falls in.

too funny!! I've brewed outside during a light drizzle and had no issues.... it's only once every thing get's below the magical pasteurization temp 160*F then you don't want anything wondering in your wort. with the chiller in usually at after about 10 min after the cooling begins I cover with foil so nothing falls in.

Do you cool your wort outside to?

too funny!! I've brewed outside during a light drizzle and had no issues.... It's only once every thing get's below the magical pasteurization temp 160*f then you don't want anything wondering in your wort. With the chiller in usually at after about 10 min after the cooling begins i cover with foil so nothing falls in.

+1

Latest posts

Back