I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike! Great to see you here tonight.

Thanks Dan! Good to be here!

I can't seem to stop pouring beer out of my new keezer. My friends warned me that kegging would lead to more drinking, and they were right! I like the fact that I can pour a few ounces as opposed to an entire 12 ounces like when pouring from a bottle.

...I'll drink another if you do!
I only got home an hour ago, so I'm still on number 1. :mug:

This is the boss who reminded me it's against the rules to come in drunk, but not hung over. I wouldn't work this hard for anybody else I've worked for. He's a great boss. :)

Yep, MIke. That's the only real problem with beer on tap. Good thing is you can have sip or two. Bad part is it is so convenient to drink mucho beers. I think the good out weighs the bad.

I only got home an hour ago, so I'm still on number 1. :mug:

This is the boss who reminded me it's against the rules to come in drunk, but not hung over. I wouldn't work this hard for anybody else I've worked for. He's a great boss. :)
Sounds like you have a good boss.

My employees won't show up if they drink too much. Maybe that's for the best, because when they come in hung over they don't produce very well. I expect a lot from them when it comes to performance, since I worked my a$$ off to get where I am. But that's what anyone would expect a business owner to say... Right?!
Yep, MIke. That's the only real problem with beer on tap. Good thing is you can have sip or two. Bad part is it is so convenient to drink mucho beers. I think the good out weighs the bad.

Moderation, is a new lesson to learn with kegs!

Sounds like you have a good boss.

My employees won't show up if they drink too much. Maybe that's for the best, because when they come in hung over they don't produce very well. I expect a lot from them when it comes to performance, since I worked my a$$ off to get where I am. But that's what anyone would expect a business owner to say... Right?!
I like pretzels, yup. Yummy and salty. Munch munch... I went into work with the flu a couple weeks ago, I hit 112% of the companies productivity expectation for that time.
Moderation, is a new lesson to learn with kegs!
Mod E rat ion...Is that some new kind of forum monitoring software?

Hubby and I had a nice long conversation after some whiskey drinks and other things. I already can't remember what we talked about. But I do know he wants me to take the trip to PA with the kids. Well, grown now, but take them on a trip. Bonding time and all that. Hubby will go if possible, but even he knows that is not likely. No condition to travel with a hectic schedule anytime soon. Maybe a year from now, or a couple years if things turn around for him.

Oh, it's 2 AM here, long day. Got up around 5:30(yesterday now?) and planted 3/4 acre of sorghum, split up some oregano plants to sell as individuals. Brewing tomorrow and my back hurts.

One more and I gotta go to bed.

I put this song up probably to many times here on HBT. But I love it...that's just how I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like pretzels, yup. Yummy and salty. Munch munch... I went into work with the flu a couple weeks ago, I hit 112% of the companies productivity expectation for that time.
Mod E rat ion...Is that some new kind of forum monitoring software?

I was the same way when I came up in the field. I worked when I was sick. I partied till 3 and got up at 6 and went in and busted arse. Hell, I still do sometimes! Well..... not till 3AM, but hung over none the less. haha..
The mentality is different with the younger gen these days.

As far as moderation goes... I'm still learning how to grasp the concept. Not doing so well, but it's a work in progress!

Fine then, I'll make my own island. :p

It turns out that dipping a giant marshmallow in wine is ineffective. Did I mention I'm on wine glass 4 now?
I was the same way when I came up in the field. I worked when I was sick. I partied till 3 and got up at 6 and went in and busted arse. Hell, I still do sometimes! Well..... not till 3AM, but hung over none the less. haha..
The mentality is different with the younger gen these days.

As far as moderation goes... I'm still learning how to grasp the concept. Not doing so well, but it's a work in progress!
I'm not quite that bad. I just can't do something half way. I either do something or I don't, even if I dislike it. That's kept me way ahead of the companies expectations. I honestly don't really care what the official expectation is, I care if I've been able to improve over my last performance. I don't stop doing that when I max out the company performance bracket, I stop doing that when I can't find any other way to improve.

What has gotten me to shatter a lot of the expectation curves is having a boss that cares though. For instance, he can't give me a day off for my Mothers birthday. So, we arranged to swap my days off for that week so I can still make it a special day for her. That's a royal PITA to get our resource department to approve. Most bosses won't even try. He did it anyway. I had an emergency last year where I had to literally just yell to my coworkers that I had to go, and run out of the building. He managed to get me sick time for it. I don't know how he managed that. He lets me make judgement calls and, as long as the reason I've got for doing something is good, he'll defend me if he needs to.

What he gets from me is zero BS. I don't take sick time unless I don't have any real choice. I don't whine about the work he gives me. I don't make excuses. I don't try to cover up problems, or make it look like things aren't as messed up as they are. I do take care of anything I can on my own. I do get the work that needs to be taken care of done, if at all possible.

Maybe I'm just getting sentimental with to many drinks, but there isn't much I wouldn't do for that man.:tank:

Dan said:
Snaps! Congrats to you and your family. Dang man, we only live 15 miles away. Hope to meet up with you and have a brew day before I move.

Move? Where you moving to?

Move? Where you moving to?

Today is brew day so time for a happy brew day dance!

:ban:

But, it's also clean up the yard day to prepare for some trees coming down. In the last 2 years 3 limbs have come straight through the old roof and into the house. The first one in my craft room and that was devastating, ruined a whole table of artwork I had been working on. Not looking forward to the chore, our yard looks a little bit like a junk yard. If we had neighbors, we would definitely be the neighbors from hell.

The whiskey last night(was hubby's idea) isn't helping my motivation. Hubby has realized that building the house right in the middle of the woods, with trees to shade us in the summer wasn't such a good idea afterall. When he finally wakes up I think he'll also question his judgement about the whiskey.

Okay, motivation... oregano beer. I wonder what hops would go good with oregano, or just use the oregano in place of all the hops. Hmmm.

Hubby and I switched to a diesel truck years ago, probably 8-10 years ago, and we make our own diesel. Hubby has a machine that does it and even the local college, FAMU, has come to our farm to listen to hubby's demonstrations and see his work. I think he really is the smartest guy in the world, at least out of the ones I have met in person.

Love to see pictures of that operation!

Love to see pictures of that operation!

They sell tickets for hubby's seminars and so I can't just show his work online, he'd kill me. The local college arranges for them about every 3-4 years and we're due for one soon. People travel from all over to go, the college makes all the arrangements and just use our land, kind of like renting it but giving hubby a percentage of profits. And he has spoken at each one so far, and if he gets too ill to keep speaking at them, he has taught enough people to take over for him. You can maybe search bio-diesel conference FAMU for more info. Ask when the next one will be. I really have no idea, the college just contacts us when needed.

:ban:Taxes are done!:ban:

A bittersweet moment. Glad they are done, but not happy about the outcome. I'm pretty sure the neighbors that were outside heard me yelling a couple times. Why else would they all stop working in their gardens and look at the house like that? It is definitely time for a HB.:ban:

One of my wife's Bromiliads bloomed and it looks pretty cool. I didn't know air plants flowered.

image-1225010484.jpg

I just now realized that today is Saturday. Then I remembered posting this last night. That's how you know you need to get a life, when you don't know what day of the week it is. Holy cow.

I had enough beers that I didn't even notice that! haha..

CreamyGoodness said:
I didnt know there was such a thing as an air plant. My thumbs are decidedly not green.

Luckily you're an urban apartment dweller, and millions of children aren't depending on your gardening skills. You'd do ok with these though. They just kind of dangle there and look plant-like, and need to care or attention whatsoever. And occasionally one of them puts off a really cool looking flower!

image-3368207150.jpg

I just now realized that today is Saturday. Then I remembered posting this last night. That's how you know you need to get a life, when you don't know what day of the week it is. Holy cow.

It went over my head too, then found out it's still Saturday and not Sunday, wooo hoooo! :mug:

The world could use a lot more people like you Lead!
Thanks.:eek: Sorry I got so soppy on everybody last night. I was more drunk then I realized.

I seem to remember agreeing with you....

Did some cooking tonight, I've finally perfected my Zigeunerschnitzel. Been working on it for a while.

My favorite German restaurant went out of business a year ago. I found the german owner on LinkedIn, contacted him, and bought him lunch Friday. He gave me his recipe for that schnitzel and also for Jagerschnitzel. Not only did I finally nail the sauce, but he taught me the secret to making the perfect schnitzel, and it worked! I'm stoked.

This

Thanks.:eek: Sorry I got so soppy on everybody last night. I was more drunk then I realized.....

No worries. We all go there. Hell, I might go there before the night is through. It is early after all.

As a matter of fact... I'm feeling a bit deep tonight. I'm going to go on a musical journey with my favorite girl Alison!

Won't you join me?!

Robert Plant did a great job with Alison on this album.

Where is the nearest fortune teller, I wonder??

Did some cooking tonight, I've finally perfected my Zigeunerschnitzel. Been working on it for a while.

My favorite German restaurant went out of business a year ago. I found the german owner on LinkedIn, contacted him, and bought him lunch Friday. He gave me his recipe for that schnitzel and also for Jagerschnitzel. Not only did I finally nail the sauce, but he taught me the secret to making the perfect schnitzel, and it worked! I'm stoked.

Nice! I cook Jagerschnitzel quite often. It's my daughter's favorite, as well as mine. I also make spatzle with my grandmother's old spatzles-scwhob (a German noodle press) to go with it. I recently discovered a shop where I can buy veal schnitzel's that come already breaded. All you have to do is fry them up. I think you've inspired me to cook some this week!

Back