Reading material

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimseven

Reaction score
I'm taking vacation in two weeks to a cabin in the woods across the country. A lot of flying aaand downtime. Anybody want to suggest some good books on brewing or creating recipes? I'm pretty new, so I haven't read many. I have read John Palmers How To Brew and Brew Chem 101. Thanks in advance!:mug:

I'm taking vacation in two weeks to a cabin in the woods across the country. A lot of flying aaand downtime. Anybody want to suggest some good books on brewing or creating recipes? I'm pretty new, so I haven't read many. I have read John Palmers How To Brew and Brew Chem 101. Thanks in advance!:mug:

Randy Mosher's book is very good:

!!radical.jpg

I'll look for them both. Hitting Barnes & Noble first (for the fiancee), if I don't see them there, hoping my LHBS will have them. I know they are online, but I don't buy online a lot. Thanks!

I ended up going with Radical Brewing, Brew Ware, and Yeast. Radical Brewing sounds like a really fun read. Brew Ware I wanted so I could more understand the equipment and save money (hopefully) by building some of my own. Yeast, because lets face it, I should really understand the science of every phase. I plan on reading a lot more. Designing Great Beer is on my list. Brewing Up a Business, and one more I saw that name escapes me at the moment. Any future suggestions are greatly appreciated because I plan on having a pretty good sized library of books on brewing.

"Brewing Up a Business" is more of a business book than a brewing book. I found it entertaining, but it's certainly different from the others.

If you're interested in actual brewing science (and choosing "Yeast" indicates that you are), then you might want to pick up a copy of "Principles of Brewing Science" by George Fix.

I will look up that one too. I hope to one day own my own brewery, which is why Brewing Up a business stood out to me. I of course will be reading other books about business and I am going to attend some brewing classes next summer. I just figured its more important for me to learn the art and science of brewing before I get too far ahead of myself.

I saw Brew Like a Monk in the store. It caught my eye, but i didn't pick it up. I will check it out next time. I only saw one book of the Classic Brewing Styles series. Is there more? possibly under a different name? I am mostly shopping Barnes and Noble online. I found out last night it is Much cheaper and if you spend $25 or more, shipping is free.

Back