So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my 3rd 3gal BIAB and my first "big" beer: Big Boys & Girls Need Loving Too IIPA. 13.75lbs of fermentables, 4.25ozs of boil hops, 1.25ozs of dry hops. OG 1.097, 117IBUs. I can't wait for this to be done so can give it a proper taste!

Oldskooler said:
I just drank the last of my Irish Draft I kegged Brandon O's Graf yesterday and have one more fermenting. I also made a batch of NB Belgium pale, and making the Limited NB Modelo DeMayo today. I have a Cream Ale on tap. I will make an Irish Red Ale Sunday. Keeping busy.. trying to build my supply chain.

How Did you like the cream ale?

My popcorn pils is mashing away.

image-1886075620.jpg

Brewed 5 gal of a dry Irish stout and its in the carboy now. Going to pitch the safale 04 and put it in a dark, dry corner for a couple of weeks!

Brewed my honey-basil double pale ale yesterday. First partial mash went alright, was easy enough, just missed my og...was shooting for 1.078 and hit 1.072. Oh well. Pretty pumped to see how it'll turn out. Come June I'll pack 12 bombers into 2 boxes and ship them to the cabin we rented in western Massachusetts for everyone to enjoy at my buddy's wedding

Brewing a Grainbelt Premium clone this weekend. Why, when I can buy it cheap down the street? Just because.

Brewed up EdWorts Haus Pale Ale this past weekend with Sterling Hops in place of Cascade. Missed OG by 2 points - don't think I boiled off enough. Bubbling nicely now.

Also bottled 5 gals of EdWorts Apfelwein and started a new 5 gal batch of Apfelwein. Thanks, EdWort, for all the goodness you allow us to bring into the world!!:ban:

Brewing up a simple wheat beer this weekend which will be racked onto some blackberry puree in about two weeks.. Blackberry wheat! My good friend's wife has been nicely requesting this for a few months so I figured I'd give it a go!

I should hopefully be brewing this weekend. Assuming I can get my soon to arrive STC-1000 wired up I might try my hand at my first lager. If not I'll be brewing my second batch of lemon lime hefeweizen.

Going to be brewing my first IPA this weekend. Trying to get my ferm chiller finished up this week so I can regulate my ferm temps.

Brewing a wee heavy. Golden promise, c40, the smallest amount of light chocolate malt. Gonna boil a half gallon of the first running a down to a half quart and add it back to the main boil.

Fiance has her bachelorette party this weekend. Going to brew:

15g Blue moon
10g Pale ale
2.5 Gallon Bourbon Vanilla Porter

Going to be a great weekend!

I have quite a weekend ahead of me: going to be bottling Basement Beer (my house American wheat), possibly transfering to secondary my IIPA depending on two gravity readings, and brewing a variation on BM's Co3C recipe that swaps Vienna for the pale and uses two additions of saaz instead.

I NEED to brew this weekend! I have the fever!!

I'll be brewing "Ye Olde Bliksem," an Extra Strong Bitter.

10# Maris Otter
4oz C-120
4oz special roast
2oz chocolate malt

1oz 9.8% Target for 60min
1oz 6.4% EKG for 5min

Mash at 156F for 60min
Safale S04 dry yeast

This is my base recipe that I plan to brew 10 times this year, tweaking it if and as necessary. It will be the first time with it, so we will see how it goes!

All german something.Hopefully dortmunder but thinking a bit of variation and wont be sticking to guidelines maybe a dort/pale.No pils malt mostly german pale malt base/munich/vienna + small amounts ofgerman crystal/specialty malts. I have a good feeling about it!

Sadly for me there will be no brewing, packaging the 20 gallons that are in my fermenters. Then its off to the virgin islands for a week of sailing.

bottling my tap water test batch

tap water tastes OK straight from the tap, but use it to make coffee or lemonade and it tastes like...

feetandassmild resize.jpg

just checking to see if it's OK for beer. 1 gallon batch of LME & Fuggles

I am building my new 3 tier stand on Friday and then brewing up my car bomb stout on Sunday. Next weekend I am doing my Citra Splash IIPA and a Kolsch. Excited for the "nicer" weather here in Ohio finally.

After I get out of my oral surgery I am going to brew something up - dont have any yeast so I plan to dump my wort on top of my last batch. It's ready to bottle (keg is full). I used SD 05 in my last batch have not transferred it to a secondary vessel.

So what does anyone think take most of the turb out - leaving something like a fifth of it behind?

Use Mr. Malty. It'll tell you how much slurry to use and you can measure it out. Unless you are brewing a big a$$ beer pitching onto the entire cake is way overpitching. What was the last brew and what are you brewing now? You really want to go from lighter to darker, less hoppy to more hoppy as you reuse yeast. High alcohol and high hop brews can stress the yeast out as well.

Brewing up a Brains SA Best Bitter clone on Saturday. Gonna keg-condition it (as opposed to bottle-conditioning or force-carbing) and eventually serve it on super-low CO2 pressure to emulate a cask ale.

Trying to get familiar with making British real ales.

-Rich

So what does anyone think take most of the turb out - leaving something like a fifth of it behind?

I would get a cleaned spaghetti jar (or similar sized) and sanitize. Fill it 1/2 full of water and boil in microwave. Let it cool overnight in the fridge. Then take a sanitized measuring cup and add 2 cups of slurry to the jar. Try to get the stuff on top; whats on bottom is mostly break/hop material.

Swirl it up real good and let sit for 15 minutes. Pitch what comes out of the first half of the jar, the trub should be mostly on the bottom. If you want cleaner yeast (with character of original beer), repeat a second time.

Was going to brew last weekend, but wound up in the hospital instead. If I get an assistant to come help with lifting I will be brewing BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde this weekend.

Man I've been waiting to brew for awhile now! Have a Smoky Bocktoberfest that I was going to brew a month ago that I will be brewing tomorrow, and a Zombie Dust clone scheduled for Sunday. Cannot wait!!!

Back