hook 1/2" ID silicone tubing to 3/8" OD copper tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseHair

Reaction score
title says it all im trying to hook the 1/2 ID silicone tubing from my ball valve to my counterflow wort chiller with 3/8 OD copper tubing. I kind of figured i could throw two hose clamps on there and maybe be all right but i dont want to make any assumptions. any and all suggestions for a more secure connection are appreciated

Maybe solder on a 3/8 coupling on the CFC. That would make it almost 1/2" OD. Shouldn't be more than a couple bucks and would make a better seal with the silicone tubing. Just an idea.

yeah i thought about that id like to find a compression fitting that i could attach to the 3/8 OD copper tubing that would have a male 1/2 connection on the other side so i could attach a quick disconnect. dont know if thats possible but if anybody has info thatd be great.

I soldered 3/8 to 1/2 inch adapters and 1/2 inch rigid copper on the lines and then compression clamps on the lines.

Back