Cleaning out the cabinets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epimetheus

Reaction score
I'm trying to hold back on purchases until the bulk order comes in a month. What could I make with these remaining ingredients?
  • 5 lbs light DME
  • several pounds of Crystal 30
  • 1 oz of East Kent Golding hops
  • 1 oz of Willamette hops
  • Safale 04 and 05

Does Crystal 30 have diastic power? I think it can convert itself... If so just mash it up, boil it up with your DME, bitter with your Goldings, flavor with your Willamette. Ferment with your 05. That's what I would do. :) it doesn't have to be true to a style, in my opinion. Brew it all up and call it Cabinet Ale.

Does Crystal 30 have diastic power? I think it can convert itself... If so just mash it up, boil it up with your DME, bitter with your Goldings, flavor with your Willamette. Ferment with your 05. That's what I would do. :) it doesn't have to be true to a style, in my opinion. Brew it all up and call it Cabinet Ale.

Crystal malts are already converted so just steeping should work.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the diastatic power to convert itself. Or any diastatic power at all, either way it'll work fine as a steeping grain

Chrome, that sounds fine. Guess I've been over thinking this and jonesing for something to brew. I'll maybe split the batch and throw half over strawberries in a secondary. I've been wanting to try a fruit type, this is a good excuse.

Back