First!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to have this spot. I would have been first but sadly I was Brewing In A Bag this morning. Session Saison and only got 85% efficiency :rockin: I did do a mash and a sparge even though I could have fit it all into my pot.

DeathBrewer's tutorial could have very well been called a BIAB tutorial (just omit the adding of extract) as he described the mashing in the bag and dunk sparge (even mentions pour-over). It was my first introduction to BIAB and what inspired me to go all-grain after just 2 extract batches. I do wonder what happened to him...

woo looks like I started BIAB at the right time lol...

just bottled my first two BIAB partial mash attempts... Cant wait to make more!

Just got back from my LHBS with ingredients for my first BIAB batch! I'm doing Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde.

Sweet deal -- I'll be doing a 2.5 gallon batch of this recipe by BIAB in just a few hours. Good luck! This is my fifth BIAB batch (out of 11 total batches -- I'm a noob), and I'm loving it. Out of curiosity, how much water are you mashing with? I think I'll be doing 17 quarts for my batch... seems awfully thin, but I'm not doing a dunk sparge this time around.

Sweet deal -- I'll be doing a 2.5 gallon batch of this recipe by BIAB in just a few hours. Good luck! This is my fifth BIAB batch (out of 11 total batches -- I'm a noob), and I'm loving it. Out of curiosity, how much water are you mashing with? I think I'll be doing 17 quarts for my batch... seems awfully thin, but I'm not doing a dunk sparge this time around.

My plan is pretty well laid out here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/first-biab-attempt-sanity-check-413800

BUT...and those that helped me in that thread, please don't kill me...I just bought a 10 gallon kettle so I plan to do a full volume no-sparge BIAB. I'm just going to squeeze the hell out of the bag.

BUT...and those that helped me in that thread, please don't kill me...I just bought a 10 gallon kettle so I plan to do a full volume no-sparge BIAB. I'm just going to squeeze the hell out of the bag.

Nice. That should be nice and easy. What efficiency are you planning for? Stir really well before you pull the bag out and DO squeeze the bejeebus out of it. Putting an oven rack or colander on top of the kettle helps the arm fatigue. Then you can use a pot lid or baking sheet to press the bag.

Sweet! Glad we have a consolidated area for this method of brewing. I do a lot of 3 gal BIAB batches, put ideas together based largely on Deathbrewer's aforementioned tutorial. Also do 5 gal PMs. Don't have a full-sized mash tun. Trying to work out what sparge routine I like. Realize its not completely necessary, but I hate the idea of leaving sugars behind.

Nice. That should be nice and easy. What efficiency are you planning for? Stir really well before you pull the bag out and DO squeeze the bejeebus out of it. Putting an oven rack or colander on top of the kettle helps the arm fatigue. Then you can use a pot lid or baking sheet to press the bag.

I'm shooting for 70%. I have the corona mill so will double crush it. I also picked up a 1lb of DME just in case.

I'm shooting for 70%. I have the corona mill so will double crush it. I also picked up a 1lb of DME just in case.

Sweet. Don't fear the flour! As long as you have ANY husks in there, you're golden. Besides, it all settles out in the end anyway!

Just got back from my LHBS with ingredients for my first BIAB batch! I'm doing Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde.

I have done his Centennial Blonde recipe 3 times now doing the full volume BIAB. I think it might be my favorite recipe.

Good luck.

Its funny. I was actually looking for a BIAB thread just a few days ago, wondering if I just missed it or it was part of another thread. I have done several extract batches and am looking to advance. Ordered a bag online and it arrived yesterday. Got a wort chiller ordered and patiently waiting for that. For me that BIAB route makes sense because I don't want the extra stuff sitting around. 1 kettle is enough. I just went through Seven's fantastic BIAB tut and am looking forward to my next brewday!

Thanks for the new forum. It will be used.

Back