What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackstone Marris Otter while brewing my 2Hearted v2.0

image-1992741669.jpg

image-2359653807.jpg

Drank a few red hook ipas and now a gravity sample of my hefe which is almost finished (except I have to add pineapple juice to it in the keg a few days before chilling it). My first time trying to clone a commercial beer and I think I got the grain-bill and yeast right the 1st time out, talking to the head brewer certainly helped. Can't wait for the keg tapping next weekend.

Selection for the night was Deschutes White IPA (this is excellent), Societe The Butcher RIS (outstanding thick mouthful), Bruery Humulus Lager IPL (nice quaffable brew), Bockor Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge (a very smooth and satisfying Flanders Sour), Freigeist Abraxxxas German Lichtenhainer strong style Berliner Weisse (Meh, strange peaty flavor with little sourness). All at Churchill's Pub in San Marcos, CA

Nice! Societe's Butcher is great!

Take note guys. That is a brewery to watch. Unfortunately they have no plans to bottle anytime soon.

I love Goose's Acre. I didn't know they were going to have any BB.

You have to ask for it but they got some. I know the bar down the street always gets some and they last for a good while because its a secret lol

I didnt know it was a RIS in that case I want to try it.

If you want to go tonight and have some, i'm down. Had two last night and they were potent

Some crappy Keurig coffee. At least I put my own coffee into it and not the k cups. No time for proper french press or vac pot today :(.

MrNickVT said:
That Is my second favorite rock art just behind Vermonter.

That is one of the others I have in the fridge can't wait to drink it maybe this weekend after I get the floors all done yep think that is when I will enjoy it lol

I'm real close to the Wisconsin border. I should make my way over there and pick up a few bottles. Have you had a lot of their offerings? Any recommendations?

I've just had serendipity and raspberry tart both very tasty I got a bottle of laughing fox also but have not tried it I hear It's good though.

image-1013572185.jpg

HB coffee brown v2. Only been on gas for 4 days. I changed the base malt, increased the mash temp, doubled the coffee and changed the yeast. I'm liking what I'm tasting right now, I can't wait until it's fully carbed.

HB coffee brown v2. Only been on gas for 4 days. I changed the base malt, increased the mash temp, doubled the coffee and changed the yeast. I'm liking what I'm tasting right now, I can't wait until it's fully carbed.

What kind of coffee and how much? I used 16 oz of kona coffee beans :) and it is awesome

image-1106766497.jpg

A sample of my American red, also only 4 days on gas. This tastes great, super fruity/hoppy (probably due to the 2oz Simcoe/2oz cascade dry hop).

1fast636 said:
That is one of the others I have in the fridge can't wait to drink it maybe this weekend after I get the floors all done yep think that is when I will enjoy it lol

A 10% it packs a punch. It's not to shabby I blame Vermonter and the old magic hat for my craft brew obsession. They opened up a whole new world for me!

NIZZLE said:
What kind of coffee and how much? I used 16 oz of kona coffee beans :) and it is awesome

I used 6oz Dark roast Sumatra and 2oz medium roast Guatemalan beans, medium ground and cold steeped in a quart of water. I couldn't imagine a pound of beans! That's definitely the breakfast beverage of champions!

Ziegenbock amber lager. Didn't realize this was BMC until after I ordered it. Limited selection at the Austin airport. Live music tho, which is a nice touch.

I used 6oz Dark roast Sumatra and 2oz medium roast Guatemalan beans, medium ground and cold steeped in a quart of water. I couldn't imagine a pound of beans! That's definitely the breakfast beverage of champions!

Well I do love coffee :D

allenH said:

How did you filter the cold steeped coffee? I'm planning to add coffee at bottling on the bender clone I have fermenting now, but I'm concerned about keeping it sanitary through the filtration process.

How did you filter the cold steeped coffee? I'm planning to add coffee at bottling on the bender clone I have fermenting now, but I'm concerned about keeping it sanitary through the filtration process.

I'm guessing he used a french press

Ziegenbock amber lager. Didn't realize this was BMC until after I ordered it. Limited selection at the Austin airport. Live music tho, which is a nice touch.

So you dont like it just because the BMC thing? I think its still a damn good beer

BGBC said:

I should go buy a French press, but since I don't have one, I go straight ghetto and use this

image-1434993561.jpg

It's not ideal but it's all stainless and fits in the Starsan bucket quite easily. You cannot grind your beans to death, even with a medium grind some grounds get through with this. I let the coffee set for a while and pour off the liquid and leave the grounds behind.

Ostomo517 said:
So you dont like it just because the BMC thing? I think its still a damn good beer

Didn't say I didn't like it. It was decent, but not my favorite style to begin with. With so many great local brews, it would be awesome to see some of those represented, but I understand why they're not. I mean, it's still an airport, even if they do have live music.

allenH said:
I should go buy a French press, but since I don't have one, I go straight ghetto and use this

Good call, I'll probably do something similar as I don't have a French press either. Thanks!

Didn't say I didn't like it. It was decent, but not my favorite style to begin with. With so many great local brews, it would be awesome to see some of those represented, but I understand why they're not. I mean, it's still an airport, even if they do have live music.

With the exception of here in Michigan I find BMC has a tight grip on airport bars

Back