No Obnoxious Basketball Thread? But my Spurs are goin to the Finals...AGAIN!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy for you, sucks that they took out my Warriors, but to be honest a Spurs Heat finals could not be less interesting to me.

Never thought about it before, but just realized I don't know a single homebrewer that follows basketball.

Your Warriors played hard, Spurs are just in great form right now. Curry was freaking amazing! As a fan of the game I can't imagine a better match up this year than Spurs Heat ...I hope we crush prince James like we did in 2007!

I guess I find it weird that no one follows basketball as I've been a huge fan since I was a kid.

I hope the Pacers push it to a game 7. The Heat aren't nearly as good as the talking heads make them out to be

Hey, now... Pacers tied it up. We can still get the most nondescript NBA final in living memory.

I'd actually watch Spurs Pacers. I just can't watch the heat with their superstars that avoided competition and joined forces and their fans that leave 3 point playoff games early.

I'd actually watch Spurs Pacers. I just can't watch the heat with their superstars that avoided competition and joined forces and their fans that leave 3 point playoff games early.

I think this young Pacer team has been exceptional. Kind of like the Warriors in the West. I'm just not sure they can pull off the upset. They need either back to back games or 2 in Miami. That is a tall order. All the more reason to watch Pop, Timmy D, Manu, Tony, and company take down the reigning "Champs." I just wish we had been able to do it before the first ring.

We have been watching San Antonio win and contend with class, humility, and discipline for over a decade now and I really didn't think these guys would make another title run. It's just fun to watch Timmy and Tony play as well as they have ever played....now Gino needs to step up for more than a few minutes at a time!

Nobody cares about the Spurs. Nobody cares about the Pacers. The NBA, the networks, the bulk of America does not want to see this Finals match up. That said, I have the utmost respect for Tim Duncan.

I think they should shorten the game. Send all the players for a 2 mile run and then play 2 minutes on the court.

I have never hated a basketball team like I hate the Heat. I mostly don't care about basketball, but for a top level athlete that is the best in the world at his sport I have never seen a bigger crybaby than Lebron.

McBrewskie said:
I have never hated a basketball team like I hate the Heat. I mostly don't care about basketball, but for a top level athlete that is the best in the world at his sport I have never seen a bigger crybaby than Lebron.

True. Biggest whiner ever in the NBA? Probably. Collectively, the Miami Heat as a team definitely are.

True. Biggest whiner ever in the NBA? Probably. Collectively, the Miami Heat as a team definitely are.

What bothered me most is when he was crying for the foul when he threw the ball out of bounds in the 4th quarter. Maybe it's because I grew up respecting the fact that even though I didn't root for him Michael Jordan in these games didn't whine, he just pulled up literally looked away from the basket and drained the dagger. Lebron will never be the guy who just mans up and takes over like that.

on a whole I couldnt give two craps about basketball. I don't care who wins as long as it's not Lebron. pretty bad if you don't even follow person but yet you still know the are a *****eby the few seconds you see of them on the highlights

Both Bosh and James had monents where they sat on the floor whining to the refs instead of getting back on D and helping their teams. Can't stand that crap. That's why I'm a Spurs fan-win or lose they do it with class, dignity, and respect. I thought I was watching them win another ring last night...now I gotta wait til Thursday!

The Heat won me a fine bottle of single malt scotch last night. I shall get another when Tiger goes major-less in 2013.

I do not like the Heat, but they did win the championship...

The Heat won me a fine bottle of single malt scotch last night. I shall get another when Tiger goes major-less in 2013.

I do not like the Heat, but they did win the championship...

Lol at the person who bet against the heat. I hate them, but that's just giving a nice bottle of scotch away.

Lol at the person who bet against the heat. I hate them, but that's just giving a nice bottle of scotch away.
Well, to be fair to him, I took the Heat and he got the rest of the NBA, and the bet was made pre-season.

At least I've hedged against the Tiger bet now. I'm afraid he will win the British Open.

Back