What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most recent batch of Zazovsky's Russian Imperial Stout. That's my grandmothers maiden name. Good Russiian Stock. This one is a tiny bit undercarbed still but getting there. Think bitter chocolate, coffee and 9.7% ABV

image-309380949.jpg

427Cobra said:
Just had a Deviant tonight and will have to respectfully disagree with you. Way better than the Pale. So much citrus in Deviant. Gubna is fantastic as well.

I guess I need a fresh can. This one was really old. I was only getting dank, earthy Columbus flavors. To me it felt like dale's on roids. Just didn't enjoy it now I'm stuck with 3 more cans.

nukebrewer said:
Picked this one up while I was in Vermont. Rock Art has a neat little brewery and a great shop. This a great pumpkin stout. No spices, just pumpkin and spruce. The pumpkin is very subtle, but it's great. I know it's about 180 degree out of season, but it sounded so good I couldn't resist.

Oh man, to each their own. I had that and the Vermonster sent to me, and I didn't care for either one of them. They were both very hot, unbalanced, and with a mouthfeel I can only describe as oppressive. I think I may have used that one as drain cleaner. One of the only craft beers I've distinctly disliked..

The last of a Hef I scorched back in April.... the wife won't drink it.. 4 more bottles and I'm moving on

image-4072322648.jpg

Stoked just had Tank 7 farmhouse saison and loved it, then what happened it showed up in my local safeway cant believe it. Just liked to say thanks.

ForumRunner_20130508_015640.jpg

Picked this one up while I was in Vermont. Rock Art has a neat little brewery and a great shop. This a great pumpkin stout. No spices, just pumpkin and spruce. The pumpkin is very subtle, but it's great. I know it's about 180 degree out of season, but it sounded so good I couldn't resist.

I have one that im "aging" until next Halloween....good to hear that it was tasty.

:off:

I see that some of you guys are from the Houston area. I am visiting a buddy there tomorrow through Sunday. Is the tour of St. Arnold's and Karbach worth the time?

j1laskey said:
:off:

I see that some of you guys are from the Houston area. I am visiting a buddy there tomorrow through Sunday. Is the tour of St. Arnold's and Karbach worth the time?

Definitely hit Karbach while you're here. They make the best beer in Houston in my opinion. Saint Arnold is good as well, but I'm just a little bit bigger fan of Karbach. You could also check out Buffalo Bayou Brewing on Saturday. It's a very small place and you basically drink your samples in the brewing area, so you can walk around and check things out yourself. They also have the best included tour glass of the breweries here.

Definitely hit Karbach while you're here. They make the best beer in Houston in my opinion. Saint Arnold is good as well, but I'm just a little bit bigger fan of Karbach. You could also check out Buffalo Bayou Brewing on Saturday. It's a very small place and you basically drink your samples in the brewing area, so you can walk around and check things out yourself. They also have the best included tour glass of the breweries here.

Thanks! I will check out all 3 then. This should be a great long weekend. :tank:

Keurig coffee in the lab this morning. We have thousands of dollars worth of chemistry equipment but I have to settle for a pre measured cup of coffee.

j1laskey said:
Thanks! I will check out all 3 then. This should be a great long weekend. :tank:

Sounds like a great weekend. What's nice is that it is very easy to go to all three since their tour schedules differ. Saint Arnold has tours every day of the week so you're not tied down to having to go there on Saturday if you're able to make it there Friday afternoon. Karbach does tours on Friday from 5-7, so once again you don't have to go there on Saturday, and you could make it to both Saint Arnold and Karbach on Friday. Buffalo Bayou, though, only does their tour on Saturday.
If you do go to Buffalo Bayou on Saturday, afterward, you might as well hop on over to The Petrol Station if you're in the mood for more beer. :D It's a craft beer bar about 15 minutes away. They always have a nice craft beer selection on tap and they have great food.

Sounds like a great weekend. What's nice is that it is very easy to go to all three since their tour schedules differ. Saint Arnold has tours every day of the week so you're not tied down to having to go there on Saturday if you're able to make it there Friday afternoon. Karbach does tours on Friday from 5-7, so once again you don't have to go there on Saturday, and you could make it to both Saint Arnold and Karbach on Friday. Buffalo Bayou, though, only does their tour on Saturday.
If you do go to Buffalo Bayou on Saturday, afterward, you might as well hop on over to The Petrol Station if you're in the mood for more beer. :D It's a craft beer bar about 15 minutes away. They always have a nice craft beer selection on tap and they have great food.

Great! I haven't seen my buddy in a few months, so I know we will definitely be in the mood for more beer all weekend. Finally going to try some Hopadillo.

Great! I haven't seen my buddy in a few months, so I know we will definitely be in the mood for more beer all weekend. Finally going to try some Hopadillo.

Petrol has awesome food and just go to have something good to eat and drink after drinking lol. Hitting three even two breweries will be difficult because they are pretty much going on at the same time. You have to chug your beers at each one but at Buffalo you get more beer...

I say hit St Arnold during lunch this week, Karbach Friday (5-8, i think) and Buffalo Bayou/Southern Star/No Label Saturday. I'll be brewing at Buffalo Monday which i'm very excited and cant wait!!

Brewed this over a year ago, and shelved the whole batch after the first few bottles came out flat.

Decide to crack one open this morning, and found one that was a tad low in carbonation, but totally drinkable.

It's called Flog the Imp (Russian Imperial Stout)

image-2513610069.jpg

Tasting really good on this rainy Spring afternoon in New England. Great maltiness, dark fruit, and alcohol warmth. Could be a bit fuller bodied, but I'm not too concerned about it. Still a great beer.

20130508_143000.jpg

Goldings single-hop IPA. It's really good, best of the 4 types they released this year IMO.

ForumRunner_20130508_201339.png

wyobrewer1 said:
I guess I need a fresh can. This one was really old. I was only getting dank, earthy Columbus flavors. To me it felt like dale's on roids. Just didn't enjoy it now I'm stuck with 3 more cans.

I'll dispose of those cans for you. I even like it when it's old lol! One of my favs

Pale "31" Clone (MO and English II) and a Pale "516" (2-row and US-05)
Doing a side by side to pull out the nuances in MO!

.....and THIS is why i love brewing.

Cheers guys!

Having more of my Hopped & Confusedv2. This is the brew where I passed out brewing it on Fat Tuesday after the bittering addition,somewhere past 3:50pm. @ 5:30Xpm,I awoke & finished the brew. It used the same WL029 German ale/kolsh yeast the dark one did;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0004-3_zps96125983.jpg.html] [/URL]
Look closely,& you can see that it has good carbonation. Thick,pillowy head to,even though I have a hair less than half a glass left! It has a spicy crispnes to it from the yeast & German/Czech hops as well. Not bad for a boo-boo'd beer. I was also wondering if the extra boil time might've helped with clearing protien haze later?!...

Back