Pretty damn proud of myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
I just finished relacing my "vintage" Rawlings Cal Ripken Jr baseball glove (circa 1986). My son (9 yrs old) had been using it during his baseball season until the lacing around one of the fingers snapped yesterday. He's got one more game left this season and I certainly wasn't buying a new glove.

In addition to being pretty damn proud of myself, I'm feeling a little more American tonight...as I sip a Belgian beer while watching a Canadian sport :D

new lacing on fingers and bridge...

glove_relace.jpg

Im almost ashamed to say that my glove is a Roger Clemens model circa 2002, was a huge fan until the whole steroids scandal broke. I have a hard time watching games nowadays without wondering who's on the juice.

Im almost ashamed to say that my glove is a Roger Clemens model circa 2002, was a huge fan until the whole steroids scandal broke.

Aw, that's ok. Just draw a big fat asterisk on the outside of the pocket webbing and everything will be just fine.

I have a hard time watching games nowadays without wondering who's on the juice.

I know, it's a sucky thing for us really old timers, but there we all are today. Bottom line, I assume anyone that appears to be overachieving or otherwise playing above their pay grade is juiced until proven otherwise. Especially the older players. Much less disappointing in the long run...

Cheers!

I just finished relacing my "vintage" Rawlings Cal Ripken Jr baseball glove (circa 1986). My son (9 yrs old) had been using it during his baseball season until the lacing around one of the fingers snapped yesterday. He's got one more game left this season and I certainly wasn't buying a new glove.

In addition to being pretty damn proud of myself, I'm feeling a little more American tonight...as I sip a Belgian beer while watching a Canadian sport :D

new lacing on fingers and bridge...

Nice job.

My 1973 vintage Frank Robinson autographed MacGregor has had more than a few repairs.

Best Christmas present ever...

And my son had zero issues with the relaced glove during his last game yesterday! Woo-hoo. Now, I just need to find some black leather lacing to fix his glove...which didn't last even a season (which was why he's been using mine)...crappy modern manufacturing :D

Im almost ashamed to say that my glove is a Roger Clemens model circa 2002, was a huge fan until the whole steroids scandal broke. I have a hard time watching games nowadays without wondering who's on the juice.

I think I have the same glove in a box somewhere.

Back