Better Bottle quantity estimation/rules of thumb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwin3083

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good rules of thumb for estimating how full a 6gal Better Bottle is, in the absence of actual measurement markings?

These are excellent ideas, which I will certainly pursue when I don't have an unknown amount of Skeeter Pee in my 6gal Better Bottle which volume I'd like to estimate before trying to rack it into my 5gal Better Bottle. Although I supposed I could just rack it back into a bucket...

And I'd still be interested in any actual rules of thumb that anyone might have.

EDIT: Scratch that, I see the graphic on the website now. I apologize, it's been a long week.

I saw that graphic when I purchased my BB & marked accordingly. I suspect that it isn't accurate & plan to verify mine the next time it is empty (if I remember). I think they hold a little more than stated in the graphic; judging by my kettle volume that I have checked twice.

I used a qt sized measuring cup to mark a milk jug. (that mark was half way down the sloped top of the milk jug.) Filled that to a gallon and marked the Better Bottle with a Sharpie, added another gallon - another mark etc. Accurate enough for me.

Back