Cast/Black Iron Pipes and fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a small piece of 2" pipe and necessary fittings to make a custom build 3 tap tower. Any reliable online source or big store that sell that ?

I tried homedepot and menards. They dont sell it!

McMaster-Carr and MSC are two on-line sources. You should be able to get anything you need from a local plumbing or industrial supply house, though. The big-box stores have cut way back on iron pipe, it just isn't used much at the consumer level these days.

Call around to a few welding shops. I tried ordering some steel online for my Brutus and a few other projects and (of course) the shipping blew my mind away.

Then I **** my pants when I saw what Lowe's was asking. Thankfully I had the revelation to think a little more outside the box. Craigslist was a bust, but the first welding shop I called was more than accommodating at 1/3 the cost of Lowe's.

fwiw the Home Depots and Lowes in my area still carry a full line of iron pipe and fitting and have the cutting and threading machines handy...

Cheers!

Amazon all the way.

iron pipe.jpg

Anyone had issues with the 2" flanges ?

I got two from housesupply.com and clearly the threading or the flange base is not square! Anyone faced this issue ?

BTW housesupply.com delivery and service is outstanding.

Back