Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After further review that may be the single worst call I've ever seen in professional sports in my lifetime. Angel Hernandez is a joke.

YOu know I try to be upset about the Braves season, but if you told me Medlen would struggle, and Heyward, Freeman, and McCann would all miss major time, that the Braves would be in first in the NL East despite a super tough schedule, I wouldn't believe you

My Rangers are 1/2 game from having the best record in all of baseball. They are also 2nd, by a wide margin, in runs allowed with 143. And this is without our opening day starter and our opening day starter from last year. This pitching staff is incredible. They are 7 games ahead in the West and 11 games ahead of our biggest rival. I see the Rangers running away with the AL and another Rangers/Cards World Series! :ban: Tonight is Darvish vs Verlander. I can't friggin' wait!!

My Rangers are 1/2 game from having the best record in all of baseball. They are also 2nd, by a wide margin, in runs allowed with 143. And this is without our opening day starter and our opening day starter from last year. This pitching staff is incredible. They are 7 games ahead in the West and 11 games ahead of our biggest rival. I see the Rangers running away with the AL and another Rangers/Cards World Series! :ban: Tonight is Darvish vs Verlander. I can't friggin' wait!!

Rangers will be major contenders this year for sure, tonight will be a great game I think

Just landed tickets to Sunday's Rangers/Tigers. 12th row right behind visitors dug out! look for me on tv. I'll be the one wearing the white Rangers jersey and red Rangers hat.

Just landed tickets to Sunday's Rangers/Tigers. 12th row right behind visitors dug out! look for me on tv. I'll be the one wearing the white Rangers jersey and red Rangers hat.

White Rangers Jersey and Red Ranger hat. Good thing no one else in Arlington will be wearing the same get up ;)

Ms climbing to 2nd with another series win and over the yanks. 5-0-1 over the last month of series maybe the texas trip woke them up.

So much for the pitching duel of the year last night. Darvish had a crappy 3rd inning but pulled out of it with only 3 ER. Verlander gave up 6 (IIRC) in the 3rd, and was pulled after 2-2/3 innings. Oh well, a win is a win and I will take it. I still can't figure out why Washington let Darvish throw 130 pitches though. Hope that doesn't bite him in the ass.

Better WHIP and ERA.

And if he had the Rangers O he would as many wins altough 7 to 5 is not huge.

No posts in awhile on the baseball thread. What is everyone thinking going into the second half? Pirates have to be ecstatic. Best record in BB and all. Yankees not so much. I'm a Tiger guy, I barely have the ability to watch a game beyond the 6th inning anymore because I know that they won't score anymore runs. Verlander has gone from must see TV, to how many pitches will he throw in the first two innings? The analyst insist that it's his fastball when in reality it's the off speed stuff. He doesn't have the rotation he had before the All Star break last year. Yes it's been a year since Verlander was exciting to watch. Prince Fielder is a joke, see my above posts. The absolute worst contract ever and the demise of the future Tiger hopes. I feel sorry for Fister, I have no idea why he never gets any run support no matter what club he plays for. Cabrera is an absolute joy to watch. I've never seen a better, smarter player.

No posts in awhile on the baseball thread. What is everyone thinking going into the second half? Pirates have to be ecstatic. Best record in BB and all. Yankees not so much. I'm a Tiger guy, I barely have the ability to watch a game beyond the 6th inning anymore because I know that they won't score anymore runs. Verlander has gone from must see TV, to how many pitches will he throw in the first two innings? The analyst insist that it's his fastball when in reality it's the off speed stuff. He doesn't have the rotation he had before the All Star break last year. Yes it's been a year since Verlander was exciting to watch. Prince Fielder is a joke, see my above posts. The absolute worst contract ever and the demise of the future Tiger hopes. I feel sorry for Fister, I have no idea why he never gets any run support no matter what club he plays for. Cabrera is an absolute joy to watch. I've never seen a better, smarter player.

You guys have a lot of power through your lineup. Except for Jackson, not much speed on the bases, but with power it's less important.

Your rotation is fantastic. Verlander will get his groove back. He's been so automatic in the past. It's your bull pen that needs help. Dumping Valverde was a good move. Leland needs to acquire a closer ASAP if he want's to contend in the post season, where you are sure to have close games. The Tigs are certain to see the playoffs, but without better late pitching the crystal ball is cloudy as to your success there.

Cabrera's a machine. I think he whined a bit too much about the up-and-in pitch from Rodney last night, especially since Rodney is a bit wild to begin with. Might be some retaliation this afternoon... stay tuned.

Congratulations to Homer Bailey. What a game. Fortunate that it was my MLB game of the day so I was able to see most of it. I had the TV set to watch the Tigers/Jays and the Reds/Giants. I spent 90% on the Reds, I missed the Tigers win. I'll see it later. Reminds me though is anyone else playing "Beat the Streak"? The reason I was watching the game was because I had Votto as one of my hitters.

4 Games back, don't see why they'd sell.

You haven't watched them then. They are terrible. The fact that they're in a terrible division is all that is saving them. There only hope would be a staying close enough and getting a guy like Cliff Lee so that they could make a push and then line up Cain, Madison, Lee in the playoffs.

You haven't watched them then. They are terrible. The fact that they're in a terrible division is all that is saving them. There only hope would be a staying close enough and getting a guy like Cliff Lee so that they could make a push and then line up Cain, Madison, Lee in the playoffs.

They're not the best team, but there's no reason to sell. Brewers should sell, Cubs, Marlins and Mets, should sell. Phillies should sell. Heck if the Nats are still 6 games back in 3 weeks they should sell off some guys (like Haren, LaRoche, Suzuki or Span, basically guys who are a year or 2 from FA and expendable, obviously not guys like Harper, Zimmermann, Strasburg, etc., though if they can find a team foolish enough to take Jayson Werth or Ryan Zimmerman's deal, they should)

All things considered I'm psyched to have Wright starting and maybe even Harvey starting as well. IMO Harvey should get the start at home and with bochy being a met for a minute or two maybe it'll happen.

As a mets fan I couldn't be happier with Harvey, Wright and a ton of pitching coming. Now be smart and trade whoever you can to get assets going forward (Byrd, Buck, etc)

All things considered I'm psyched to have Wright starting and maybe even Harvey starting as well. IMO Harvey should get the start at home and with bochy being a met for a minute or two maybe it'll happen.

As a mets fan I couldn't be happier with Harvey, Wright and a ton of pitching coming. Now be smart and trade whoever you can to get assets going forward (Byrd, Buck, etc)

I agree... But that ton of pitching we have in the minors should be leveraged for some hitting prospects... Were lacking on bats

Bochy does what's right. If Harvey deserves the call he'll get it.

But in all seriouness its nice to have minors be brought up and actually produce. And smoak and ackley are starting to come around. I hate to be optimistic of the Mariners but god damn this is fun to watch.

Back