What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back to drinking an Undercover Investigation Shut-down. Good but i'm still waiting for the Lucky 13 to hit the shelves if it even gets to me this year.

One of my old lovers is in town for the night and we're spending the night together.
wink.gif

20130516_223300.jpg

Wake n Bake, awesome stuff. Not quote as smooth or balanced as Founders Breakfast, but a close second for the style.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Wow. That looks lie good stuff. Havn't heard of that island. Is it like Islay scotch? Where did ya get the bottle? Haha. Cheers! :tank:

It's seriously good. Has an awesome raisin aroma and flavor. It's not peated malt, not smokey at all. But apparently the water filters through peat bogs, so there's a very subtle peaty aroma going on.
Great review here: [ame]http://youtu.be/seGR3qU_i6U[/ame]

Got it at Healthy Spirits in SF. Castro and 15th st. Great bottle shop (for beer scotch and bourbon)

It's seriously good. Has an awesome raisin aroma and flavor. It's not peated malt, not smokey at all. But apparently the water filters through peat bogs, so there's a very subtle peaty aroma going on.
Great review here: http://youtu.be/seGR3qU_i6U

Got it at Healthy Spirits in SF. Castro and 15th st. Great bottle shop (for beer scotch and bourbon)

Wow, that pretty much seals it. I need that scotch!!! Ill try and get some and show ya. Love me some brown liquor.

20130517_074621_Hagrid.jpg

I hate their coffee but they do make a killer travel mug. On the road today. Sumatran, black vacuum brewed, might stop by java Joes in the next town for an espresso.

Coffee, unfortunately i'll be resigning myself to mostly yeungling lager while at a fishing tournament this weekend. Got a couple sixers of dales pale to break up the monotony though!

I know it's Thursday... But...

View attachment 122544

I picked this up a few months ago.. my local liquor store had just got it in and it wasn't priced yet, I asked him to look it up and he said it was listing at $21.99. I bought 2 bottles assuming it was wrong and boy was I right!!! I went back the following weekend and it was listed correctly at $54.99. I knew the owner so I asked him how many he sold before he realized it was definitely wrong, luckily, for him, he only sold it to me and one other guy. This is now one of my top favorite scotch's I urge others to try this, now if I could only find it for the same price as before!

It's 4.15pm, and I'm sitting at work trying to decide what I'm going to drink when I get home (so not being very productive!). I have these to choose from, arrived yesterday:

View attachment 122406

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (had loads of times before but it's nice anyway)
Ska Brewing ESB
Fordham Tavern Ale
Flying Dog International Arms Race 0 IBU IPA (excited/curious about this one)
Odell IPA
Dominion Beach House golden pilsner
Ska Brewing True Blonde
Ska Brewing Pinstripe Ale
Rogue Hazelnut Porter
Flying Dog Kujo coffee stout
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Brooklyn Lager (not too fussed about this)

I'm going to swing by the gym first so I'm thinking one of the lighter ones for refreshment... Summer Ale maybe... Can't decide!!

My Lil Chocolate Tart Sour Brown w/cocoa getting primed to head to Odd Side Ales brewery for some pints and growlers! It is Craft Beer Week after all.... yeah Im goin with that excuse :ban:

ForumRunner_20130517_140749.jpg

I'm not sure what I thought of the summer ale... Would be good on a hot sunny day I think, for pure refreshment, but not so good on an overcast evening in Manchester.

Pinstripe Red Ale

ForumRunner_20130517_203134.png

Flying dog Kujo coffee stout... Couldn't decide what glass to put it in. What's the "right" answer??

ForumRunner_20130517_213959.png

First thoughts, this'll put hairs on your chest!

Got some more Dundee honey brown lager & vodka for today & tomorrow. hopefully brew tomorrow. Got a trunk load of local spring water today,but due to goverment's new regulations as of 5/1/13,the price went up from 10c to 25c per gallon. Gee thanks,Obama!:mad:

Latest posts

Back