Carboy Washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drksky

Reaction score
Here's a simple carboy washer that I threw together. It's kind of hard to see the inside, but there's a small, submersible fountain pump in the pot with a fountain head on it and a PBW solution that's only about 2 quarts. Works very well for me.

carboy_washer.jpg

Yep. Very similar. The pump is a 250gph or so. It's a fountain head. Don't remember the name of the shape, but it's one that has holes all around the perimeter and a few in the center. Maybe a "tulip"?

Here is the pump

I can't seem to find a link to the fountain head kit that I got. It had an extending riser and a couple of different heads. Just need to make sure that the opening for the carboy is not under water, or it will slowly fill up. I needed to try a couple different sized pots before I settled on the one I used. Also had to experiment how far to extend the fountain head up into the carboy. It doesn't have a LOT of pressure, but when you leave it running for a few hours, it removes all the stuck on gunk after a primary fermentation.

Back