Front venting frige or freezer for under counter setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agurkas

Reaction score
I would like to build at least 2 if not 3 5Gallon keg setup with the 3-tap tower on the counter of the kitchen island. Anyone done this setup?
Kitchen island is hollow, but I still think I need to get front-venting fridge to convert to kegerator, since heat would likely build up under the kitchen island and fridge will fail.

Anyone done this before? Any recommendation on fridges to use?

If you have the option, I would go front venting. I have an existing kegerator that is not, and am creating within the cabinet a venting system to keep the temps down. Think it would be easier starting out with the front venting.

What's under the island? You could drill 2 holes into the unfinished basement and wire a computer fan to turn on when the compressor turns on and vent it to the basement. Just a thought if you can't get a front vent fridge.

What's under the island? You could drill 2 holes into the unfinished basement and wire a computer fan to turn on when the compressor turns on and vent it to the basement. Just a thought if you can't get a front vent fridge.

The coils outside are still warm when the compressor shuts off. You could just leave the fan on all the time.

Back