Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archer91

Reaction score
Little carbonation after 4 weeks,moved it to another room where it’s about 70 degrees,any ideas after that

Assuming you did everything "right," and your other room was cold, maybe you just need to wait a few more weeks.

Thanks,it’s my first home brew and it’s amber ale,can’t wait to try it

Little carbonation after 4 weeks,moved it to another room where it’s about 70 degrees,any ideas after that
What was your batch size and how did you carbonate? What volume were you shooting for and how did you calculate that?

What was your batch size and how did you carbonate? What volume were you shooting for and how did you calculate that?

5 gallon,priming sugar,5 gallon,it was all done accordingly to brewers best kit

Four weeks is long. I bottle condition in the 50s-60s, and it's never taken four weeks for any of the beers that I have brewed. Take two of the beers from random locations in your beer stock pile (box, shelf, whatever). Put each beer in the fridge for two days then crack them open and report back what the carb levels are.

My thought - something went wrong...what was the environment where they were being stored? A fridge? If so, okay...that makes sense. If not, perhaps your sugar solution was not mixed well enough into the batch and instead some are carbonated and some are not.

Maybe something else went wrong - can you detail your brewing and bottling process?

And here's my pitch : )

Instead of batch priming you might consider bottle priming in the future. It's very simple and it insures more accurate volumes of carbonation for each bottle! Regardless how well your mixing process is when batch priming, you will also get a more accurate volume of carbonation by bottle priming and not batch priming.

Take your sanitized bottles and put a sanitize funnel on top. Pour in 1/2tsp of white table sugar into each of the 12 ounce bottles (adjust volume of sugar based on your bottle choice) until they all have sugar. Then get your beer into each of the bottles however you're doing it (bottle bucket, for example), cap and wait.

Back