Carbonation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayZeus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 4 way CO2 manifold with 3 Kegs currently on tap. My regulator is set to 12 PSI. 2 of my beers have perfect. The other one is a little weird. It is carbonated but you have to agitate it to get it out. With a standard pour, there is ZERO head. Even with the initial sip, it seems flat unless you swish it around.

I did notice, that if I lower the glass and allow the beer to fall a couple of feet, it comes out great.

This batch has been under pressure for a week.

Any idea what's going on?

As noted, a week isn’t enough time to fully carbonate. If you want to speed the process up a bit, shut off the gas to the two, carbed kegs and bump the pressure on the flat keg to around 20-25 psi. Leave it there overnight, then turn the gas to that keg off and leave it off the rest of the day to let the beer absorb the C02 out of the headspace. That should get the beer most of the way carbed. If it’s still flat it might be time to start checking for a slow leak on that circuit.

Back