Cracked my first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_

Reaction score
Tasted my first (self-made) home brew ever! 5 pounds of 2-row and 2 oz. of Cascade came together for my first brew day about five weeks ago.

It's been carbonating for almost two weeks so I decided to chill and taste. It's good! It definitely needs another week of carbonation but wow. I am quite happy with the taste as well as the body.

I need to drink it fast before the oxidation comes out more, had some newbie screwups, but right now I'm proud of my new baby;)

Thank you EVERYONE for the assistance I have gotten here, it has been invaluable. I'll tell you how the other 10 gallons of Cream Ale and Haus Pale Ale comes out after they carbonate;)

Now for that premium membership!

Yeah I know, it's not very clear. I have used some Irish moss on subsequent batches as well as will be cold crashing in the future. This was my "learning batch." I just couldn't wait to pop one any longer!!

image-3330247047.jpg

That beer will probably clear just fine with a little time.

Impressive that you went from not brewing to:

5lbs two row + hops = beer.

Learning curve, what? Good show.

Congrats on the brew! Impressive that you went straight to all-grain.

Taste > clarity. That beer looks delicious, though.

Thanks very much folks! I am dying to get some more carbonation so I can REALLY start drinking it;) Hahaha

All-grain is FUN! I am unsure why anyone would be hesitant to try it!

Tasted my first (self-made) home brew ever! 5 pounds of 2-row and 2 oz. of Cascade came together for my first brew day about five weeks ago.

It's been carbonating for almost two weeks so I decided to chill and taste. It's good! It definitely needs another week of carbonation but wow. I am quite happy with the taste as well as the body.

I need to drink it fast before the oxidation comes out more, had some newbie screwups, but right now I'm proud of my new baby;)

Thank you EVERYONE for the assistance I have gotten here, it has been invaluable. I'll tell you how the other 10 gallons of Cream Ale and Haus Pale Ale comes out after they carbonate;)

Now for that premium membership!

Yeah I know, it's not very clear. I have used some Irish moss on subsequent batches as well as will be cold crashing in the future. This was my "learning batch." I just couldn't wait to pop one any longer!!

Looks good to me. If theres one thing that i have learned is that it isnt about the showmanship of the beer. Clear is good and all, but taste triumphs. You can always tell when heart and soul have gone into a brew. Those are two ingredients you won't find on a recipe sheet. I could use one right about now. Good work!

Back