help beer isnt flowing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve50

Reaction score
have kegged 2 weeks ago set psi at 9 34 deg f. hooked up the line and drew the tap and nothing. what do i do.
steve

Is the pin/ball depressor still on your fitting? Have you cleaned your lines taps? One way to eliminate the lines and tap is to depress the lock with something clean and if beer flows then its your lines or tap. If nothing happens you have a CO2 issue. Hope this helps.

tap was fine 2weeks ago when i ran cleaner and sanitizer thru. pressure reads 9 psi and the tank needle at 500 mark of inside black numbers

when this happened to me it was the poppet in the ball lock fitting of the keg. i figured that out because the keg would not dispense on any tap or even the picnic cobra tap.

YMMV. there can be several problems with this symptom.

The poppet is inside the fittings on the keg. Your LHBS should have a socket to remove these. It is the part that is essentially a spring loaded valve. I made my removal tool for my pin locks by dremeling slits in a spark plug socket. You then pry them out and replace with new. Again LHBS should have these. Midwest does also.

Frozen? How accurate is you thermometer?

This was my first thought as well. 34F is really low especially if you don't have a fan in the fridge.

If its not frozen then you probably have a poppet issue or your CO2 tank is empty.

Ha I just had the same thing happen...part of the line was frozen so I lowered the temp a little but and not its fine..

Also need to make sure the valve is open from the regulator if you have a valve. You can show whatever PSI and a full tank, but if the valve isn't open, you aren't actually getting any Co2 to the keg itself.

Back