Cost of beer postings driving me crazy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you missed it.. my rant was the complaint against people who comment negatively on their savings post..

I am complaining about the complainers who like to complain often.

Let it rest! They can save if they want to. I put the numbers in the spreadsheet to see that they have a point. That is it.

So your being driven crazy about people posting about how cheap/expensive their homebrew is... and you go and create a new thread about cheap your homebrew is....

Win.

you missed it.. my rant was the complaint against people who comment negatively on their savings post..

I am complaining about the complainers who like to complain often.

Let it rest! They can save if they want to. I put the numbers in the spreadsheet to see that they have a point. That is it.

Yeah, sorry I ranted. For some reason it really seemed like this thread was gonna bash all the over-analyzers. When it didn't, I somehow failed to hit the brakes.;)

I do care about saving money with brewing, and that was part of the reason of getting into brewing. My belgian beers are getting better every time I brew them. I made 2 different belgian dark strong ales for christmas presents this year. Cost of buying 4 cases of those retail would have been around $500. I spent about $80, but I am all grain and buy in bulk. Sure my equipment costs and time probably negate any savings early on but now I seem to be saving money and making great beer! That is a winner in my book.

My wife said brewing my own beer is saving us money. She's not putting equipment cost into it obviously. Anytime someone asks me if its cheaper I tell them it is, just like like fishing is cheaper than going to the seafood market

I find that homebrewing is a touch cheaper than buying a similar product from the liquor store. But that's not why I'm interested in it personally. It's like the whole save money by baking your own bread, well your time is also money so probably in the end you're not really saving money but if you're baking break you're probably doing it cause you enjoy baking, and that's why I brew.

Nicely put Hoppy.

That is why I diverged on the seemingly unnecessary sailing tangent....and the also ridiculous softball tangent.

At some point, if your free time is worth money, then personal enjoyment and satisfaction should have a negative cost. Show me a spreadsheet with all of that figured in, and I will either laugh heartilly, or punch you in the face. I cannot honestly say which is more likely...

At some point, if your free time is worth money, then personal enjoyment and satisfaction should have a negative cost. Show me a spreadsheet with all of that figured in

Yep I don't think you can put a price tag on what you enjoy doing and you just can't add that into the cost

Latest posts

Back