The [very cool] doctor who thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current doctor is a tool. It's basically a kid's show now.

Um, it always was a kid's show, especially when I was a kid. Even when it became a bit more family orientated I've always regarded it as more of a kid's show.

Actually, O.O. is making me feel like a 12 year old with a crush again. I find her a bit distracting. Too cute by miles!! :eek:

Most people that has lived with Dr Who all their lives will probably have one of the Doctor's companions as their first TV crush. I guess I've gone back to square 1!! :cross:

leela.jpg

I'll take him over Tennant. At least he commits to one thing.

Tom Baker for me, but the modern Dr., I'd have to go with Tennant for Maniacal mayhem with Smith a close second and catching up fast. I think both actors have been inspired choices for the part. Ecclestone? Meh.....

I have all the Tom Baker episodes on VHS (PBS broadcast, received by antenna quality).

A line which has always stuck in my mind for some reason:

"I shall mingle with the mummies, but I shan't linger."

I have all the Tom Baker episodes on VHS (PBS broadcast, received by antenna quality).

Not all of them you don't! ;)

There is some interesting (To absolute nerds) stuff on the interwebs. There was a "Lost" series that formed half of Douglas Adam's Dirk Gently story (The other half being city of the Dead) out there, in bits and pieces. The filming was interrupted by a strike or something and never aired. You can find half the episodes online mingled with very bad fan animations from the script......You have to be mental to watch all this..........And yeah, I did it. :(

I'm especially interested in the Dr. Who/Douglas Adams connection, so it was interesting for me. Probably not for many others though. :)

next week will be interesting. do you think they will honestly reveal the doctor's name?

I think that there is another episode in between but I doubt we will learn his name. But, I was surprised to see we sere going to learn OO Origin so soon. I was expecting to have to wait till next season. River will also be back for #14 as well.

Still Tennant as favorite Doctor and Rose+Tennant for best pair. But Amy was SOOOO friggin hot.

OO is growing on me. She is way cute, and I like her attitude, but Smith's Doctor is a bit madcap. He's finally getting a bit of an edge, like Tennant had before he regenerated.

Still Tennant as favorite Doctor and Rose+Tennant for best pair. But Amy was SOOOO friggin hot.

OO is growing on me. She is way cute, and I like her attitude, but Smith's Doctor is a bit madcap. He's finally getting a bit of an edge, like Tennant had before he regenerated.

Right from the start I thought Smith was ripping off Tennant a little.....Maybe that's just me though.

Smith is getting most his characteristics and mannerisms from the 2nd doctor. He said it in an interview and when I watched the revisited segment on the 2nd doctor I could totally see it.

But since almost nobody has see Patrick Troughton (2nd doctor) and there are a lot of missing/lost episodes, I can see where people whould miss it. But Troughton was a crazy adlibber he was always trying to get things past the script controlers (ie the peopel trying to keep it on script) and was responsible for bring to life the sonic screwdriver and Jelly babies. Neither of those came from the writers, but were pushed through in filming by Troughton.

Troughton also brought or cemented the idea of 'you do the doctor for a limited time and move on' he was a great influence on Peter Davidson(doctor 5) who was inturn and influence on David Tennent. Both Davidson and Tennent followed the 'do the doctor for a limited time and then get out'

A line which has always stuck in my mind for some reason:

"I shall mingle with the mummies, but I shan't linger."

Based on some comments on the DVD's for either Hartnell (dr 1) or Troughton (Dr. 2) about how the BBC has lost the older Doctor material, those could be of great value/help to the dvd people in BBC who are trying to put all the classic dr. who on to dvd. I have no idea how you'd contact them or anything. And yes, prior to sometime in the late 1970's they are missing dr.who episodes. (so some of the baker years)

I came accross a list once of what was missing but it was years ago and many surfed pages ago.

So has anyone suggested a 'Dr. Who' beer or a 'TARDIS' beer? (It's bigger on the inside)

That's an excellent idea for the Alabama Brewoff in July. How else do I explain how how I got my RIS ready since brewing became legal here? Gallifreyan Imperial Stout? Tardis Barleywine? I happen to have a RIS which tastes like it was brewed August 2012 and a barleywine which tastes like it was brewed in December 2011. I was planning to use some sort of time travel explanation if the authorities became suspicious.

Holy crap, the Doctor Who season finale, particularly the last 5 minutes of it, just blew my mind. The very final reveal is going to leave me wondering what comes next all summer! I can't even say anything about what I'm thinking without worrying about spoilers...

Holy crap, the Doctor Who season finale, particularly the last 5 minutes of it, just blew my mind. The very final reveal is going to leave me wondering what comes next all summer! I can't even say anything about what I'm thinking without worrying about spoilers...

Thanks for the no spoilers thing!! :mug:

I didn't know it was the finale up next, so I'll not visit this thread until I've seen it. Looking forward to it now! Inspector Space-Time rocks!! :rockin:

<3 the Doctor. The classics are classics... the new guys are phenomenal... each of them brings something a little different to it and I have been thoroughly enjoying the new series on Netflix... so I, too, thank you all for no spoilers. :)

I'm gonna give a special shout-out to Freema Ageyman. Yum.

Gotta say don't know what happens later my wife and I are only on season three but I've finally broken the barrier of my wife coming to terms with her being a nerd and I Love it. Also she's not a fan of Martha but loved Rose so i hope they can break her if her love fest.

Gotta say don't know what happens later my wife and I are only on season three but I've finally broken the barrier of my wife coming to terms with her being a nerd and I Love it. Also she's not a fan of Martha but loved Rose so i hope they can break her if her love fest.

You think you have problems? How am I ever going to tell my 55 year old wife that YES!! ......O.O. is the girl of my dreams! :eek:

It is truly weird to think that I started watching this show when I was far too young to know what sex even was, but I am STILL watching it as a rapidly aging paedophile!! :drunk:

Just... The Doctor.

[spoiler deleted]... had something really good to put here and I can't because it is a throw away joke in season(serries) 7b... grrrr....

Oh well, yes the last episode was really good, I especialy like [spoiler deleted] all just lined up.. I thas a sort of "of course that's what it would be".

Dang I wish we could discuss that was (almost) revealed at the end of the last episode! I was all like, "WHAT?"

Rumour (spelling it in British English for this thread. Eh, never mind. I ALWAYS use the British Form for that word!) has it that the 10th Doctor and Rose will be making an appearance in the 50th anniversary special. Which means there is a good chance that other previous actors may show up, as I think that they are trying to distract you. You'll be all like, "Can't wait to see these guys again!" then BAM, from outta nowhere!

Rose and 10th Doctor are confirmed, no other Doctors are supposed to be in there according to those in the know, but who really knows. Certain folks in the Office weren't supposed to be in the Finale who were. Eccleston I'm pretty sure won't be but maybe an older Doctor may pop their heads in.

Yeah.. Eccleston isn't going to be involved.

But everything I've read about him (particularly Barrowman) indicated that he was kind of an @sshole anyway.

The cast so far is the "11th" and "10th" doctors, clara, rose, brigadiers daughter, queen elizabeth 1, and a girl wearing the 4th doctors scarf..... Oh yea and the last 5 minutes of the the final.

For those who have seen the final, my guess is time war.

The cast so far is the "11th" and "10th" doctors, clara, rose, brigadiers daughter, queen elizabeth 1, and a girl wearing the 4th doctors scarf..... Oh yea and the last 5 minutes of the the final.

For those who have seen the final, my guess is time war.

I agree, but how did that end up creating [spoilerz]?? I loved seeing [spoilerz] at the end of the episode, but it raises so many questions. And how is OO the Impossible girl?? Doesn't the fact that she [spoilerz] create a paradox in the first place?

Oh well, too many questions and we all know The Doctor's time paradoxes are BS anyway. He always manages to avoid them in the end.

off to look up some more pics of OO topless. tOOdles!

Well the tardis will fix any paradox that occurs and seeing they were inside the tardis, fixed lol. And the only way i can explain my theory would to spoiler everyone. Sooo i'll pm anyone who wants to know lol.

And topless? What? Real or fake?

Well the tardis will fix any paradox that occurs and seeing they were inside the tardis, fixed lol. And the only way i can explain my theory would to spoiler everyone. Sooo i'll pm anyone who wants to know lol.

And topless? What? Real or fake?

I'll PM you.

Real. From a movie she made for BBC. Yes, they sometimes show that stuff on the tele over there. Yes, I'm a bit Jelly, Baby. ;)

If you want to see a young Eccleston, Netflix "Cracker".

I've waffled about posting on this thread for a while. I love both the old and new Doctor Who series. I really enjoyed Series 1 - 5 of the new series. But Series 6 and parts of Series 7 seemed sentimental. I mean how many times can the bad guy turn out to be a misunderstood good guy? How many times can you defeat the bad guy with good feelings?

I'm hoping with OO & Series 8 it loses some of that.

I don't know, I guess I just like Russell T. Davies' writing better than Steven Moffat's.

Ah.. her. I hadn't seen the name.. my bad. :)

:mug:

Billie Piper has a GREAT nude scene... easily found on the Dailymotion site... it's sexy.. and hilarious.

Back