Taprite T742 not adjusting properly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbehr

Reaction score
So I finally hooked up my regulator to a c02 bottle and 2.5 keg and it doesn't seem to adjust properly? I pull the red knob out as it states and it just turn freely either way. Then I have to kinda of click it back in and the gas starts flowing...sometimes the knob stays put and sometimes it pops back out. I can't seem to be able to adjust it to a set pressure.

Is something wrong?

It sounds like the bonnet is broken. It has a plastic internal part that can break. It is rare, but I have definitely repaired a few over the years. If you send it back to Taprite they will fix this for free. H We have the bonnets in stock and instructions, but they are not listed on our site because we primarily use them for internal repairs. The setup you have looks similar to one we sell, but the parts are different. I also noticed there is no clamp on your air hose, you might want to put a worm clamp on it. I have instructions for replacing this, but I have to find them. I will look for this and post it as an attachment.
Todd

Awesome! Thanks for the info and diagram! Can I just remove the plastic bonnet and just use it that way? I'm not entirely certain how it comes off according to the diagram but it worries me you need a special tool to reassemble it.

Back