Temperature probe location in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber8302

Reaction score
Where does everyone position the probe from the thermostat in their keezers? I have mine in a mason jar filled with water at the bottom. Is it better to have it in water or measuring the temperature inside the keezer?

I have mine submerged in water in a mason jar sitting at the bottom of my keezer. I have my temperature set at 38° and a differential of 2°. I believe that before I put the probe in water the keezer cycled more often. That could just be what I thought it was doing as I never really checked.

I had mine sitting at the bottom of the keezer (since the beer is drawing out of the kegs from the bottom) and I did not put it in water and it seemed just fine with a differential of 4 degrees on my controller.

If your differential is low (like 1-2 F) then you must put the probe in some liquid or else the compressor would cycle too often. If the diff is high (4-5F) then you should leave the probe in the air or else the beer temps would fluctuate too much because the compressor didn't cycle often enough.

Latest posts

Back