random work sayings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-brewer

Reaction score
I work in a meat market and with a small group of coworkers that are constantly around, we have some random things we say daily that has become part of my regular vocabulary (often confusing people and irritating my girlfriend)

Chupa, or chepa - something to call a coworker

Mamada - term for a bunch of bull s**t (he called in, there is so much work to do, a bunch of mamada today)

Niiicccceeee looooiiiinnn. (nice loin) we work with meat loins, idk, haha

"i got it" (just say it to someone when you are doing any random task)

There are many more, but these ones popped into my head.

So what do you guys got? I'm sure there are many good ones

my favorites:
"get the f@^$ out of my way!"
"stay the f@^$ out of my way."
"you can do it any way you want, as long as you do it my way."
"does it hurt having all that sand in your mangina?"
"harden the f@^$ up or go home!"
"I'm gonna punch you in the berries."

my favorites:
"get the f@^$ out of my way!"
"stay the f@^$ out of my way."
"you can do it any way you want, as long as you do it my way."
"does it hurt having all that sand in your mangina?"
"harden the f@^$ up or go home!"
"I'm gonna punch you in the berries."

Haha, what do you do for work?

Haha, what do you do for work?

I'm a social worker.

bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

old guy.jpg

"i hate my life"
"no problem"
"another day in paradise"
"dammit"
"how was your weekend"
"how are you"

" I got bronchitis".
Watch and you will be a believer. Simple things keep an ER entertained.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=udS-OcNtSWo[/ame]

Me and my coworkers play a game where we mirror one of my bosses 3 phrases he repeats over and over again

1. You gotta sell the value
2. "security" or "secure connection"
3. You gotta wow the customer

And I'm pretty sure this man doesn't know what wowing the customer actually means since he thinks that putting a phone in the customer's hand is wowing them. Meanwhile I'm going above and beyond the norm to deliver a fantastic in store experience to the customer and I'm not wowing them haha. Ironic none of the customers he deals with come back to him, but every other sales rep has regulars.

"Don't stand there." This means you're already in the safest place. Do not move.
"No! Don't open that!" Seriously. Don't.
"Did you open it already?" Because you really should have.
"Well how much is on the ground?" It was either open or not and shouldn't or should have been.
"Yeah. My radio's not working." Bullcrap.
"I tried to tell you. Your radio's not working." Bullcrap.
"I didn't know." I forgot.
"Okay. We can fix this." Oh man, this is screwed up.

"dirty dirty" = barium enema cat scan

and one i stole from when i was in the Army that gets thrown around frequently;

"blue falcon" = buddy f*cker

"F*ck!" - This is used for just about anything, but is usually associated with extreme frustration.

"Horrific" - This means "I'm unimaginative & have a rather limited vocabulary, but I heard somone else use this & they sounded smart, so I'm going to use it too."

"Gotta know where your priorities are." - This actually means "I'm aware of the problem, I know you have the solution, I know it's the best thing to do & it won't cost anything, but nothing will be done & this will continue to be a problem."

It’s been a few years since I left the field, but we had a lot of jargon and slang terms in EMS/Fire ... just a few ...

DFO’d ... “Done Fell Out” ... passed out.

vomikid ... vomited

Smuggling the Shotglass, or Smuggling the Pickle ... a reference to certain sorts of people who put things where they don’t belong and then require X-rays (seriously amusing) and medical intervention to “rectify” the situation.

“Delicious!” ... said about anything *not* actually edible or delicious. Taken from an elderly Jewish lady our crews often used to run on that used the word about everything ... memorably, her daughters new couch. (“It vas just deee-lish-is.”)

Ween’ed ... sent to a non-emergency situation.

LDD ... La-Dee-Dah ... being inappropriately nonchalant about something. aka: “back on the block”

HUA ... painful rectal condition involving the head.

CNI ... Chronic Nylon Insufficiency ... someone who needs to be put face down on the gurney, have the pole-strecher placed on top of them, 4-point restrained and buckled-in/strapped-down (hence the nylon) and have the Trundelenburg and Fowlers positioning options simultaneously activated on the gurney.

Yawb or Yawbs (plural) ... “you all”

Bessfitna ... “(you) had better ...” or “(you) had ought to” ... often used with “Yawbs”

God-Squading it ... those that believe they save the world by their mere presence.

John Wayne or “John Wayne’ing it” ... somebody who charges into a hot situation where there is live gunfire before police backup has arrived.

which of course leads to ...

Code 1000 / Signal 7 ... IDS/”In Deep sh*t” ... send lots of people with guns immediately.

“ROT” or “f*cking Rot”... Royal Oak Township.
(as a point of reference for those not from Detroit; this is a ghetto community bordered by Eight Mile Rd and adjacent to the Detroit neighborhood that Eminem’s movie “8 Mile” was filmed at.)

"Noflan" ... once upon a time possibly the most dangerous shopping mall in America. This was a place where the "security corridors" resembled something out of an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.
We used to say it was where they put the "bullet" in "bulletin board" because security there had the habit of taking confiscated weapons and physically putting them on the xerox machine to make an image and then posting a photocopy of the weapon on the bulletin board in the security corridor ... amazing how well a MAC 10 comes out.

Shooting the tubes ... circling the drain ... about to check out ... cancel the subscription ...

NLW/RSN ... “Not Long for this World, Real Soon Now”.

"All spiked up" ... Prepared IVs for use. (Intravenous set-ups for drug or fluid administration)

Signal 9 ... lunchtime. Also known as MFLT ... MotherF*cking Lunch Time

“DROF Sign” ... as in, "he had the DROF sign" ... the imprint, in negative, that you are left with on your chest when you slam into the steering wheel of a Ford vehicle, unrestrained.
(DROF is "Ford" backwards ... the nameplate in the center of the steering wheel)

"I will beat you if you keep screwing around".

"I'm sorry I threatened to beat you. Let's get icecream."

"I'll beat your lactose intolerant face in if you don't take another bite of that I'm sorry Icecream."

"Of course you can eat it, it's FroYo."

"I think you just like to argue."

"Of course I know what FroYo is."

I hear these things a couple of times a week.

"Sweeter than a cows dick." - Very entertaining to say that around newer employees before they finally catch on.
"Bull milk" - See above
"souweeet" - That part or job is sweet/well done or you are calling the person a pig
"If you are gonna throw something at me will you at least hit me" - Hey f@^er that nearly hit me +/- 5'-20' away

"God squading it" Ha! We call that "Saving the plant" or "Walking on the water".

"He's in his office." He's eating in the kitchen.
"He just went to check on ... " I have no idea where he went or what he's doing.
"You're 'out standing' in your field." You have no idea what you're doing out there.
"We're working on that now." We haven't figured it out yet.
"Best I can tell" or "It seems like" I don't really know.
"Are you sure?" I don't think you are.

"I'm not stamping it."

"God I hate architects."

"Probably designed by a damn intern."

"Oh look, all the deadlines fall within the same 3 days. Again. Do they have a convention and plan this?"

"Typical Architect."

"Women in this field are either butt ugly, or completely incompetent. Typically both."

"What the F*** does she do in her office all day? Does she design anything? Can she?"

"We really need more drafters."

I work in an MEP design firm. I've said the above, and I've heard multiple other say the exact same things, in multiple offices.

$hit a$$ - Generic term for anything of which you can't remember the name. (e.g. "Hey, fvcker, hand me the $hit a$$) What's scary is that more than half the time the person you're saying it to knows what it is you want.

"Stop talking like that, you're making too much sense" (I work for the government)

Peckergnaticus gigantus: more commonly known as a giant pecker gnat, in reference to one particular guy who does nothing but get in the way and bother those who are trying to get something done.

The Peter Griffin laugh: used for virtually everything from when someone does something funny to when someone is injured.

Shut your ****sucker: speaks for itself.

This place is a geographical oddity, two weeks from anywhere. (sometimes said with an Asian accent, don't ask me why): whenever something we need, and should have, has to be ordered.

Pal from early PC networking company used to add a DBF line to invoice to surcharge client for Dirt Bag Factor.

I teach now and the most common suffix to a story is "You can't make this sh*t up".

I work for the state highway department which, being a government job, is plagued by inefficiency, red tape, and a buttload of unnecessary paperwork mandated from the higher-ups. We have a saying that when solving any problem, "there is the right way, the wrong way, and the State way."

"F*ck!" - This is used for just about anything, but is usually associated with extreme frustration.

My personal favorite. Simple and directly to the point.

Also, "KTB" for knob-turning bastards. Those people that f*ck around with adjustments/settings they shouldn't be f*cking around with since they have no clue what they're doing.

If it doesn't fit, force it, and if it breaks you needed a new one anyways. Semper Gumby = always flexible.

"Don't stand there." This means you're already in the safest place. Do not move.
"No! Don't open that!" Seriously. Don't.
"Did you open it already?" Because you really should have.
"Well how much is on the ground?" It was either open or not and shouldn't or should have been.
"Yeah. My radio's not working." Bullcrap.
"I tried to tell you. Your radio's not working." Bullcrap.
"I didn't know." I forgot.
"Okay. We can fix this." Oh man, this is screwed up.

You an engineer?

My personal favorite. Simple and directly to the point.

Also, "KTB" for knob-turning bastards. Those people that f*ck around with adjustments/settings they shouldn't be f*cking around with since they have no clue what they're doing.

Reminds me of an operator that use to "tune" one of the plants to get it to run sweet by turning a specific knob. He had done it for a number of years, until a sparky opened the panel an he saw that the knob wasn't connected to anything :D

Reminds me of an operator that use to "tune" one of the plants to get it to run sweet by turning a specific knob. He had done it for a number of years, until a sparky opened the panel an he saw that the knob wasn't connected to anything :D

bwahahahhaa!! the power of suggestion!:rockin:

While doing research during my college years, I was inventorying trees in the city with a partner. We had 2 letter codes for each species, and started using elaborate phrases for the code.

Black locust =LT = Lawrence Taylor= Crackhead.

There were others, but that was my favorite. Every time we came across a black locust we yelled out Crackhead!

We realized management could always make it appear like we were on schedule by "rebaselining" the schedule. This naturally led to " Oh man, I just got rebaselined, hard." and "Go rebaseline yourself!" The other favorite, when you just got reamed by the boss was "Under the bus: my time at (insert company here)." And this came out way too soon after the accident in Japan, but we use "What the Fukushima?" regularly. (I'm also in the nuke industry).

Back