What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now switching gears from the Ruthless Rye to a growler of Buffalo Bayou Maple aged 1836.

image-1170191991.jpg

wyobrewer1 said:
How is the Maximus? I didn't care too much for their IPA

I personally don't think their IPA is the best either, Maximus is much, much better. It was my favorite beer until I tried their "Lagunitas Sucks", Undercover Shutdown ale, Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin', and Hop Stoopid ales, now I'm having a hard time deciding what's best. I'm seriously becoming a Lagunitas fan at this point above Dogfish, Stone, Founders, Bells, and all my other old IPA favorites.

Billy-Klubb said:
hahahaa!! I'll bring my spiked cod piece. and some home brew after we're done proving our manliness.:rockin:

Sounds like a plan! :p
Even if my berries don't survive, atleast there'll be some good homebrew.

Now on to a pour of my HopSMAC DIPA while lautering.

image-1634015247.jpg

some Two Hearted then some IPA home brew but I just walked into the local grocery store that carries a WIDE selection of craft beers and found 3 bottles of Stone Enjoy By 5.17.13, thank you I will take all three! They clearly didn't realize what they had bc most stores by me that get those are 1 per person! It will go well with the other one I have can't wait to chill those bad boys!

Just did a blind side by side between Heady and Gandhi-bot. Before the test I figured it would be no sweat to tell one from the other, but I had a surprisingly tough time telling one from the other. They smell almost identical with the only aroma difference being that Heady has a slightly more crisp hop aroma. The part that surprised me the most was that they tasted so similar it was scary. I tried them both with my eyes closed and in the same style glass so I couldn't tell them apart based on appearance, so I feel I eliminated as many unwanted variables as I could. Once I did look, though, the only real difference in appearance was floaties in the Gandhi-bot. Very interesting learning experience for me.

Billy-Klubb said:
ease up on ol' DFH! they were an inspiration to me when I started brewing! and they still have some brews that are quite a bit better than some of the crap floating around.

I think the idea of DFH beer is good, but the execution is usually poor and tastes under attenuated. My opinion.

I'm drinking my rye-PA, and it's still pretty good. I'm still sort of recovering from the Rogue IIPA, which is a bit underwhelming (overpriced, too; I'll be buying two more bottles tomorrow - they're ceramic).

ease up on ol' DFH! they were an inspiration to me when I started brewing! and they still have some brews that are quite a bit better than some of the crap floating around.

I'd agree that you can't throw out all DFH or you would miss some good beers. That said, I'd agree that he tends to brew very malt forward beers and more often than not they just don't agree with me. I do lie 75 minute and The Obroma tho.

Do I see chicken, a steak, and cheese in you your bacon wrapped asparagus?

HB cassis (not mine), spontaneous if I recall. Darn good.

View attachment 120198

Why yes, well kinda, 1" center cut iowa chop, chicken, fresh asparagus with some cheese and bacon and a bit more bacon.

Sunday dinners at my house tend to get a little over the top.

Back