Hello from the Santa Cruz mountains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHUM_

Reaction score
Hi All - I look forward to learning A LOT from this forum (as this site shows up for pretty much all the googling I do).

Noob to brewing, but diving in head first. Just moved to a bigger place so I have room to brew and grow hops.

Wanted to try different hop flavors, but did not want to brew batches to experiment....so I dry hopped several SNPA's Cracked the top, dropped a few pellets in, re-capped and let sit for a few days then crashed hops in the fridge.

Turned out pretty good so I tried my first 1 gallon IPA with a combo of Cascade, Simcoe and Summit hops - I'll know in a couple weeks if it 'worked'.

I also went ahead and tried a DIPA (5 gal batch) but potentially really screwed that up - will post in the beginner section for advice :mad:

I currently have Centennial, Chinook, Columbus and Nugget growing in my yard...all have spouted in the last week or so :)

PS - in case y'all haven't noticed...I am a HUGE west coast IPA fan :rockin:

Back