Buying Vanilla Beans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InspectorJon

Reaction score
Vanilla beans are a pretty expensive ingredient. I have used them in a porter and a stout. I'm planning a milkshake IPA so have been scouring the inter webs looking for my best option. I settled on 10 extract grade B pods from Vanilla Bean Kings (an Amazon seller). I have no affiliation with this company, just a customer. They arrived today and I am pleased with the product. Nice plump, moist beans well packaged, $1.90/bean. I purchased something similar from Vanilla Products USA before (another large Amazon seller) for a little less ($1.50/bean) but the quality did not seem as good to me. I can recommend this product. I will make a tincture/extract out of all of them so they should stay pretty well preserved for some time to come.

Where do you find vanilla beans and what are your purchase recommendations?

upload_2020-1-6_15-8-46.jpeg upload_2020-1-6_15-8-16.jpeg

Same as you. Last ones I got were from Vanilla Products USA in Amazon and they made a great extract.

Back