Butterbeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

João Machado

Reaction score
I am a fan of Harry Potter, and know that I became obsessed with beer and general brewing, I saw butterbeer.

This is not real beer right?

It is made with butterscotch, water and sugar...it mjstr be very sweet ahah.

I read that it is based in butteredbeer
You can make a lager taste like butter by fermenting it cold and bottling it too early. I had one once which was like liquid butter. On the one hand I was angry with cloudwater for failing and the brewdog pub guys for not recognising the bad beer they had on tap, on the other hand I was really glad to finally be able to taste am example of how diacetyl tastes like.

Also interesting fact, one sip of plain old coke before having a sip of the beer completely removed the ability to taste the diacetyl. It took a few minutes to be able to taste it again. Without the coke it was a hit in the face. With a pack of butter. Unwrapped.

I am a fan of Harry Potter, and know that I became obsessed with beer and general brewing, I saw butterbeer.

This is not real beer right?
It is more of a hot toddy then a beer. Meant to warm you up on cold winter nights. :) I have had something similar, Buttered Rum, and it is quite delish.

You can make a lager taste like butter by fermenting it cold and bottling it too early. I had one once which was like liquid butter. On the one hand I was angry with cloudwater for failing and the brewdog pub guys for not recognising the bad beer they had on tap, on the other hand I was really glad to finally be able to taste am example of how diacetyl tastes like.

Also interesting fact, one sip of plain old coke before having a sip of the beer completely removed the ability to taste the diacetyl. It took a few minutes to be able to taste it again. Without the coke it was a hit in the face. With a pack of butter. Unwrapped.
I actually love Diacetyl, but sadly I have a high threshold. Therefore I can often first taste it when there is a lot of it :'D

DMS on the other hand, I have a hard time with. I am often unable to finish the glass.

Back