Bulk Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ME_Brewski

Reaction score
Best/Cheapest place to buy bulk honey? I only make 1-2 gallon batches so wont need more than 5-10 lbs at a time.

Where ever you find it cheap.......

If you google for "honey locator" you should get the link for that or just google by state.

Cheap wouldn't necessarily give you value for money, more of a case of why its cheap......

Beefolfks in MD seem to have a reasonable selection.....

But also search locally to you for bee keepers.....

I found a local honey producer who offered $3/pound honey. At the time I didn't have the money to take him up on it, but now that I do, I am going to see if that offer still stands.

Sam's Club and Costco probably have 5lb jugs of honey (I know Sam's Club does, not sure about Costco). Probably around $15-20 a jug.

Find local apiary or honey producer. There is nothing better than unfiltered, unpasteurized, unprocessed honey from local farmer. Go to local farmers market to locate one

My local wal-mart offers raw and unfiltered Ambrosia honey for 20 dollars/5lbs. It's a pretty good deal. Good honey too.

My LHBS sells local honey for $3.59/lb. The beekeeper actually owns a meadery with pretty good mead. Other than that, yeah, check out your local beekeepers. We have several of them around here, and if you are buying in quantity, they usually go for around $3-$4/lb.

Costco has 5lb jugs for about $15 here in CO. Almost all of my meads are made with "Costco Clover".

I personally prefer finding a locally sourced honey. My problem with [fill in name of major honey provider] is that they usually get their honey from both comerical internal and external sources. The external sources often put filler (aka corn syrup) in the honey and pass it off as the real deal. I don't object to corn syrup in principle, I object to '100% honey' that isn't '100%'. I drink juice drinks that are part water/corn syrup and part juice, but they are correctly labeled as such.

With that said, if you want to go in real bulk, you can get 5 gallons/60lb of honey from some people, usually in th $200 range currently

Also if you can find any beekeeping supply stores. The one near me sells local honey. They would also know anyone locally selling honey

Back