Burner performance question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoH20

Reaction score
I test fired my burners today and have a question. With no kettle on the stand, the flame looks great. If I put the kettle on (and this is a low.pressure system), I don't think I'm having issue with exhaust, but I do get flames up the sides of the kettles now and again, and sometimes rolling back under the burner. I lowered the burner and it's better, but still happens.

Normal?

These are BG -14 burners, low pressure propane.

Todd

With the burner on the stand, adjust the vents on the back of the burner until the flame is small and blue. If you can't do this, you have an issue with exhaust. Are you using just a pot or something similar? If so, you will likely have to put spacers in between the pot and the stand.

Am exhaust issue would still have nice blue (albeit large) blue flames? With no pot (Stout tank) flames are blue with shutter wide open. When I start to close the vent, flames start to get yellow.

Todd

Latest posts

Back