Bullace wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jan16

Reaction score
Hi,I've just made Bullace wine 3 glns. 2 glns were made differently, I crushed up the fruit with my hands, poured on boiling water,stirred daily, strained after a weeks fermentation and then added sugar (3 1/2lbs) to 4Lbs of bullace, I added 1 Teaspoon of wine yeast. It was extremely lively for about a week! It's now settled down and seems to have almost stopped fermenting.Very cloudy for about 4 inches from the bottom of demijohn? What would be advisable at this stage?
The 1Gln I did in the same way but didn't add any wine yeast when it went into the demijohn, only the sugar.I also didn't crush the berries.This jar is bubbling slowly, so just fermenting,I guess! It has sedement at the bottom, but not much! I'm trying to keep this wine as natural as poss., So, should I rack both? The 2 glns have been in jars since 1st Nov. The one gln since 21st Oct.
Sorry if this is long winded but wanted to give as much info as poss.,
Thank you in anticipation.

Latest posts

Back